- Oh, that's what the Kelowna Rockets look like when they play as a team. I forgot after seeing them drop three straight games after the Christmas break. Wednesday night against Spokane, Brett Bulmer scored three times in a 5-2 win, moving past Seattle and into sole possession of 6th place in the Western Conference. The Rockets scored four unanswered goals in the second period to break open a 1-1 tie and earned their 15th win of the season. Colton Heffley and Mitchell Chapman, with the 'Gordie Howe Hattrick', rounded out the scoring.
- It was Bulmer's second hat trick of the season. The 19 year-old had three goals against the Portland Winterhawks back on November 4th. On this night, Bulmer was the best player on the ice and proved that he is an elite player when he puts his mind to it. While he was spectacular in the offensive zone, he was equally good in his defensive responsibilities. Bulmer was dangerous playing with Zach Franko and Filip Vasko.
- Chapman was named the games second star after scoring a goal, adding an assist and getting into a fight with 20 year-old Chiefs captain Darren Kramer. It was another solid game for the 19 year-old defenceman who often times doesn't get the credit he deserves.
- Several big hits in this game including Jessey Astles crunching Chiefs d-man Tyler King and forward Colton Sissons running over Spokane's Blake Gal at the Rockets blue line.
- Adam Brown reached the 10 thousand minutes played mark in Wednesday's win. Only one other current WHL goaltender (Calvin Pickard) has played more minutes than Brown, who also earned career win #97.
- The win snapped a three game losing streak.
- It marked only the fourth time this season the Rockets have beaten an American based team. The other three wins came against Tri City (twice) and Everett on opening night.
- The Rockets open a six game road trip Friday in Victoria. The Rockets are now five points up on the Royals, who hold down the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
What was that?
- ► 2017 (73)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- Quick thoughts on CHL Prospects
- Top Prospects in Pictures
- Rockets rolling in January
- A fascinating lady at T-Bird games
- Look who I ran into
- Seattle 2 Adam Brown 1 (SO)
- Game notes vs. Seattle
- How do you like me now?
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- On location
- Join us!
- One line won't do it
- Rockets game notes vs. Hurricanes
- Ryan Murray Interview
- Rockets game notes vs. Tips
- Hay on coaching in NHL and Huska endorsement
- Random pic
- Batman and Robin
- Ugly would best describe it
- The Rockets almost spoiled the party
- Winterhawks announcer appears on Jeopardy
- Do you know what day it is?
- Bitten again on the power play
- Welcome to Portland
- Three ranked by NHL Central Scouting
- Trading for Lyon
- Deadline Deal
- Rockets make a trade
- Leaving Vic with 4 pts
- Bell bulges the twine - twice
- Welcome to Victoria
- Blogging from the BC Ferry
- What was that?
- Game notes vs. Chiefs
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Rockets alumnus making most of final season in WHL...
- Do I dare say it?
- Game notes vs. Hitmen
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)