The Rockets have acquired 20-year-old defenceman Dallas Jackson from the Prince George Cougars for 20-year-old Tyler Halliday and a third round WHL bantam draft pick in 2011. Jackson currently leads Prince George in scoring with 29 points in 29 games. He was one of just two players with a plus rating on the Cougars this season. A native of Edson, Alberta, the 6-foot-2, 187 pound Jackson is in his third WHL season and has played with Regina, Red Deer and Prince George.
“We had to find an older defenceman to stabilize our group,” said Bruce Hamilton, the Rockets general manager and president. “We needed somebody to play with Tyson Barrie and Collin Bowman. Jackson will help the power play immediately. He has to be a positive influence on the back end.”
To make room for Jackson the Rockets traded defenceman Kyle Verdino to the Swift Current Broncos in exchange for a 5th round draft pick in the 2011 WHL bantam draft.
“With Jackson coming in it was a numbers game and I think Kyle is ready for a fresh start,” said Hamilton. “He’s a solid young man that I really hope does well in Swift Current.”
The Rockets made two other moves on the WHL trade deadline:
-The Rockets acquired 17-year-old centre Sean Aschim from the Prince Albert Raiders in exchange for a 6th round WHL bantam draft pick. A 5-foot-11 172 pound centre, Aschim has scored four points in 26 games as a rookie with the Raiders but is a top prospect. A native of Saskatoon, Aschim had 16 goals, 36 assists and 52 points n 42 games in the Saskatchewan Major Midget League last season.
-The Rockets also acquired the rights to Colton Sissons, a 16-year-old list forward, along with a third round WHL bantam draft pick in 2011, from the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for Curt Gogol. Sissons has 17 points in 43 games so far this season with the BCHL’s Westside Warriors. Last year with the BC Major Midget League’s Vancouver Northwest Giants, the 5-foot-11 right winger had 54 points in 39 games.
“We still feel this division is wide open and with our injured veterans coming back to the our lineup soon, we’re excited about the additions we’ve made,” said Hamilton.
- ► 2017 (73)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Jackson's shorthanded goals leads Rockets to win
- Taking it to the Tigers
- Grabbing the Tiger by the tail!
- Rockets win 4th straight
- Barrie's record breaking night
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Westblom gets last laugh over Danton
- UBCO study on Rockets
- UBCO conduct study on Rockets
- Four of a kind have Rockets dealing a winning hand...
- Game notes vs. T-Birds
- Westblom will have stories to tell
- Rockets GM enters BC Hockey Hall of Fame
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Rockets take 2 steps forward
- Bulmer likes home cook'n
- Quick thoughts on a Friday
- Solid effort, same result
- Gore great
- Game notes vs. Bruins
- Rockets injury update
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Behind the Mic with Broncos play-by-play man Jon K...
- Sluggish second period=sixth straight setback
- WHL Commish Ron Robison
- Disappointing finish won't erase a great game
- Game notes vs Winterhawks tomorrow night
- Huska about to become a dad...again
- Rockets speak on dangers of drugs
- Sean Aschim transcript
- Dallas Jackson transcript
- Lambert turns the big 4-0
- Jackson and Aschim comment on trade
- Jackson/Aschim practice with new team today
- The voice of the Vancouver Giants
- Chapman/Bulmer make NHL draft rankings
- St. Denis' season is over
- Trade day thoughts
- Five players moved from 2006 WHL draft
- Jackson fills huge hole
- Rockets trades
- Rockets make deals
- Verdino traded
- Happy birthday Guggs!
- Mucha - the man
- Rockets fall 6-4 to Blazers
- Thanks you Mr. McEwan
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- Varady's golden moment
- Tips put in gold medal effort
- Tips 6 Rockets 2
- McMillan arrives in Kelowna
- McMillan speaks on disappointing loss
- Rockets game notes vs Tips
- McMillan brings back silver medal
- Rockets Injury Update
- Desjardins winning record speaks volumes
- Tri City Americans radio voice Craig West
- Webs on the Fan 590 in T.O
- Kelowna connections at World Junior final
- McColgan's record breaking performance accompanied...
- Gogol situation clarified
- Ito plays hero
- The voice of the Kamloops Blazers
- Rockets game notes vs. Bruins
- No longer sweet 16
- A point well earned
- ▼ January (68)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)