- Fortunately Adam Brown was on his game last night against the Seattle Thunderbirds. Had the 20 year-old Kelowna Rockets goaltender followed the lead of his teammates, they would have been in a heap of trouble. Brown was sharp, making 12 saves in the first period, in a 2-1 shootout loss to the visiting Seattle Thunderbirds. Brown made several solid stops as the home team was fortunate to escape with at least a point.
- Colton Heffley opened the scoring in the first period despite the T-Birds carrying the majority of the play. The 17 year-old returned to the line up after missing 10 games with an upper body injury. It is interesting to note that Heffley has scored goals in back-to-back games though. The Swift Current resident scored January 4th against Spokane, the game in which he was hurt, and then returned last night and fired home his fourth of the season.
- T-Birds goaltender Calvin Pickard had a relatively easy night. A breakaway stop against Colton Sissons and a nice right pad save in the third period on Colton Heffley were his best efforts. In the shootout, Pickard shut down Zach Franko and Myles Bell.
- Speaking of Franko, it was his first miss in the shootout in eight attempts. Franko went stick side against Pickard, who appeared to be leaning that direction before the 18 year-old picked up the puck at centre ice. I was wondering if Franko would go for that move considering Pickard is a student of the game and would have likely seen Franko on video preform that move/shot time and time again.
- I was really impressed with the play of Branden Troock. I thought the 17 year-old had some really good scoring chances and brought a solid work ethic to the ice. Troock is a replacement for the CHL Top Prospect game in Kelowna next week.
- The T-Birds dominated at the face-off circle. It was not a good night for the Rockets face-off men.
- Unlike what we saw Wednesday, no real big hits in this game. It was a tame affair by comparison with no hatred among the two teams. The T-Birds couldn't have wished for a better scenario as they kicked off a weekend playing three games in three nights. The T-Birds host Portland tonight before welcoming the Rockets on Sunday (5 PM).
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Seattle 2 Adam Brown 1 (SO)
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- Quick thoughts on CHL Prospects
- Top Prospects in Pictures
- Rockets rolling in January
- A fascinating lady at T-Bird games
- Look who I ran into
- Seattle 2 Adam Brown 1 (SO)
- Game notes vs. Seattle
- How do you like me now?
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- On location
- Join us!
- One line won't do it
- Rockets game notes vs. Hurricanes
- Ryan Murray Interview
- Rockets game notes vs. Tips
- Hay on coaching in NHL and Huska endorsement
- Random pic
- Batman and Robin
- Ugly would best describe it
- The Rockets almost spoiled the party
- Winterhawks announcer appears on Jeopardy
- Do you know what day it is?
- Bitten again on the power play
- Welcome to Portland
- Three ranked by NHL Central Scouting
- Trading for Lyon
- Deadline Deal
- Rockets make a trade
- Leaving Vic with 4 pts
- Bell bulges the twine - twice
- Welcome to Victoria
- Blogging from the BC Ferry
- What was that?
- Game notes vs. Chiefs
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Rockets alumnus making most of final season in WHL...
- Do I dare say it?
- Game notes vs. Hitmen
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)