The Kelowna Rockets made two moves as the Western Hockey League trading deadline came to a close on Tuesday.
The Rockets acquired 20 year-old Brett Lyon from the Moose Jaw Warriors for a 5th and 7th round bantam pick.
To make room for Lyon, the Rockets released 20 year-old defenceman Kevin Smith. Smith will likely play in the BC Hockey League to close out his junior career.
In Lyon, the Rockets receive a forward who has grit and can score. From Grand Forks BC, Lyon started his WHL career with the Kamloops Blazers before moving to Vancouver. The Giants dealt him to Moose Jaw last season.
Heading into this season, Lyon had 442 penalty minutes.
The newest member of the Rockets will make his debut tomorrow night against Portland.
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- Quick thoughts on CHL Prospects
- Top Prospects in Pictures
- Rockets rolling in January
- A fascinating lady at T-Bird games
- Look who I ran into
- Seattle 2 Adam Brown 1 (SO)
- Game notes vs. Seattle
- How do you like me now?
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- On location
- Join us!
- One line won't do it
- Rockets game notes vs. Hurricanes
- Ryan Murray Interview
- Rockets game notes vs. Tips
- Hay on coaching in NHL and Huska endorsement
- Random pic
- Batman and Robin
- Ugly would best describe it
- The Rockets almost spoiled the party
- Winterhawks announcer appears on Jeopardy
- Do you know what day it is?
- Bitten again on the power play
- Welcome to Portland
- Three ranked by NHL Central Scouting
- Trading for Lyon
- Deadline Deal
- Rockets make a trade
- Leaving Vic with 4 pts
- Bell bulges the twine - twice
- Welcome to Victoria
- Blogging from the BC Ferry
- What was that?
- Game notes vs. Chiefs
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Rockets alumnus making most of final season in WHL...
- Do I dare say it?
- Game notes vs. Hitmen
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)