- The line of Cody Chikie, Carter Rigby and Colton Sissons created numerous scoring chances last night in a 5-3 home ice loss to the Lethbridge Hurricanes. Unfortunately, while that line was generating the bulk of the offense, the other three lines were pretty much non existent.
- Specifically Chikie and Rigby had glorious chances to score in the first period but were denied by Hurricanes goaltender Liam Liston, who despite facing just eight shots in the first, no less than five of them were quality saves.
- The best player on the ice was 20 year-old Brody Sutter. Sutter, the Hurricanes captain, created numerous scoring chances and dominated the play in the first period. Sutter then went out and scored twice in a span of 1:19 seconds early in the second frame to help the Hurricanes to their sixth road win of the season.
- Rockets starting goaltender Jordon Cooke was yanked after giving up the Hurricanes fourth goal. No less than three of the goals Cooke gave up where grade 'A' scoring chances by the Hurricanes. The fourth one was a centering pass that appeared to go off Cooke and into the back of the net .
- Despite being down 5-0 in the second period, the Rockets did show some fight by getting goals from Jesse Lees and Colton Sissons to close out the period down 5-2. Had they scored on a early third period power play, we would have been in for a terrific finish but again Liston was there to thwart any comeback attempt by the home team.
- Colton Sissons has now scored goals in four consecutive games.
- Tyrell Goulbourne's third period goal was his first in 19 games.
- The Rockets are now two games below the .500 mark on home ice. Only once have the Rockets been two games under .500 at home. In 1999-2000, the team was 16-18-1-1. Back then the record translated to 16 wins, 18 losses, one tie and one overtime loss. The shootout format wasn't used back then.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
One line won't do it
- ► 2017 (73)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- Quick thoughts on CHL Prospects
- Top Prospects in Pictures
- Rockets rolling in January
- A fascinating lady at T-Bird games
- Look who I ran into
- Seattle 2 Adam Brown 1 (SO)
- Game notes vs. Seattle
- How do you like me now?
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- On location
- Join us!
- One line won't do it
- Rockets game notes vs. Hurricanes
- Ryan Murray Interview
- Rockets game notes vs. Tips
- Hay on coaching in NHL and Huska endorsement
- Random pic
- Batman and Robin
- Ugly would best describe it
- The Rockets almost spoiled the party
- Winterhawks announcer appears on Jeopardy
- Do you know what day it is?
- Bitten again on the power play
- Welcome to Portland
- Three ranked by NHL Central Scouting
- Trading for Lyon
- Deadline Deal
- Rockets make a trade
- Leaving Vic with 4 pts
- Bell bulges the twine - twice
- Welcome to Victoria
- Blogging from the BC Ferry
- What was that?
- Game notes vs. Chiefs
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Rockets alumnus making most of final season in WHL...
- Do I dare say it?
- Game notes vs. Hitmen
- ▼ January (40)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)