- The atmosphere inside CN Centre in Prince George was dull Friday night. The home town Cougars were not sharp either, in a 4-2 loss to the visiting Kelowna Rockets. The visitors were equally uninspired in the opening period before scoring three times in the second frame to take over the game. Brett Bulmer led the way with two goals while Geordie Wudrick and Cody Chikie added singles in the Rockets 11th win of the season.
- I was wondering if the Rockets were in for a long night after an early scoring chance failed to produce a goal. Brett Bulmer makes a tremendous pass onto the tape of teammate Cody Chikie who is going hard to the net. Chikie is unable to beat Cougars starter Ty Rimmer. From there the Cougars carried the majority of the play, yet were able to score just once on 11 shots on goal in the first period.
- The Rockets elected to start rookie Jordon Cooke in goal Friday night. It marked the first time in twelve games that veteran Adam Brown wasn't given the nod in goal. Cooke was solid in a 34 save performance. While 36 shots were directed his way, the number of high quality chances were kept to a minimum.
- Prior to last night, Cooke's last start was October 20th against that Vancouver Giants.
- The Rockets have now won seven of their last eight games.
- The Rockets are now one of only two teams in the WHL this season that have not lost a game in overtime or a shootout. They are joined on that list by the Swift Current Broncos. The Rockets are now 11-11-0-0 while the Broncos are 12-12-0-0.
- It was nice to meet Brett Bulmer's parents before the game. The Bulmer's came up to the booth and introduced themselves. That chat was short, as I was 30 seconds away from going onto the air for the pre-game show. That said, it was nice to touch base with the Bulmer's.
- The game was delayed about 20 minutes after a piece of plexi-glass shattered behind the Rockets net during the pre-game warm up. I've been told this is a common occurrence at the CN Centre this season. It's happened five times.
Friday, November 19, 2010
They can't all be oil paintings
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Rockets game notes vs. Seattle tomorrow
- Rockets' well represented on Team Canada
- Tyson Time!
- November by the Numbers
- 10 and 1 is a whole lot of fun
- Rockets game notes vs. Chiefs
- Do the stache's stay or do they go?
- Brown and the temperature headed in same direction...
- Lucky win #13
- Game notes vs. Pats
- St. Denis audio
- Torrie's bro is coming to town
- Things that make me go hmm...
- McMillan look'n Ducky
- Bloodoff picks good time to come out of slumber
- McMillan prepares to make NHL debut
- They can't all be oil paintings
- Cuthbert's pic in PG/Cooke's new look
- Welcome to Prince George
- Working on my bus legs
- Siebert doesn't shine in BC Hockey's eyes
- Bodie a Hurricane
- McColgan in top 15
- Heffley and Severson won't be with Rockets after X...
- WHL referee's for Subway Super Series
- When you're hot, team's will hunt you down
- Streak ends in Kamloops
- Six straight
- Wudrick approaching '300'
- They can't all be pretty
- My take on the Rockets players at the quarter mark...
- Rockets game notes vs. Oil Kings
- The Rockets Remember
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Feeling fine after scoring nine
- 'Giant' win on the road
- Rockets logo/jersey gets attention at NHL game
- Rockets game notes vs. Giants
- Rockets look to WHL player as sports psychologist
- Audio of 16 year-old's scoring first WHL goal
- Brown named 1st star in road win
- Brown and company come to play
- Game notes vs. Blazers
- I guess Dick Gibson isn't so bad?
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Things that make me go hmm....
- ▼ November (47)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)