- Five hundred hockey never felt so good. Odd statement right? Not if you started the season with four wins in your first 14 games. The Kelowna Rockets moved to the .500 mark for the first time this season with a 4-1 win Friday night over the Prince George Cougars. The win extended the Rockets' winning streak to six games. The team is now 10-10-0-0 on the season.
- For a second straight game, Adam Brown was named the games first star. Brown appeared to be on his way to his 9th career shutout until Cougars forward Brock Hirsche scored with less than two minutes left to make to a 4-1 game. Brown is now 6-0-0-0 in November with a goals against average of 2.00 and a save percentage of .930.
- While Brown was good at one end of the ice, Cougars goaltender James Priestner was equal to the task at the other. Priestner made several solid saves to keep the game scoreless after one period. On this night the Cougars woes were in the offensive zone.
- It was nice to see forward Jesse Astles get on the score sheet with his second goal of the season. Astles goal, which proved to be the game winner, appeared to glance off of the stick of Cougars defenceman Daniel Gibb before rising high over the glove hand side of Priestner.
- Astles sent teammate Gal Koren to the showers early in the game after colliding with the 18 year-old forward on what appeared to be a missed body check on a Cougars defenceman. Astles ended up colliding with Koren, hitting him in the head. Koren was helped off the ice by teammates and is out of the lineup with a concussion.
- Brett Bulmer's celebration after a goal to make it 3-0 got under the skin of Cougars d-man Jesse Forsberg, Forsberg cross checked Bulmer in the chest which resulted in rookie forward Colton Sissons coming in to fight the 17 year-old Forsberg. Bulmer spent much of the night doing a good job of getting under the skin of the Cougars.
- Tyson Barrie had two assists, giving him 148 career points. Barrie is now tied with Burt Henderson for the most points ever by a Rockets defenceman. Henderson had 148 points with the Tacoma/Kelowna Rockets from 1993-1996.
- It was another quiet night for Cougars forward Brett Connolly. Outside of one real good scoring chance in the second period where Brown snagged the puck out of mid-air on a nice solo effort, the first round pick of the Tampa Bay Lightning had a frustrating night.
- Another large contingent of NHL scouts were on hand Friday. They included Calgary Flames director of player personnel Duane Sutter. Sutter told me the Flames had six scouts in the Okanagan this week watching several Rockets games while attending the Junior A Challenge in Penticton.
Friday, November 12, 2010
- ► 2017 (96)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Rockets game notes vs. Seattle tomorrow
- Rockets' well represented on Team Canada
- Tyson Time!
- November by the Numbers
- 10 and 1 is a whole lot of fun
- Rockets game notes vs. Chiefs
- Do the stache's stay or do they go?
- Brown and the temperature headed in same direction...
- Lucky win #13
- Game notes vs. Pats
- St. Denis audio
- Torrie's bro is coming to town
- Things that make me go hmm...
- McMillan look'n Ducky
- Bloodoff picks good time to come out of slumber
- McMillan prepares to make NHL debut
- They can't all be oil paintings
- Cuthbert's pic in PG/Cooke's new look
- Welcome to Prince George
- Working on my bus legs
- Siebert doesn't shine in BC Hockey's eyes
- Bodie a Hurricane
- McColgan in top 15
- Heffley and Severson won't be with Rockets after X...
- WHL referee's for Subway Super Series
- When you're hot, team's will hunt you down
- Streak ends in Kamloops
- Six straight
- Wudrick approaching '300'
- They can't all be pretty
- My take on the Rockets players at the quarter mark...
- Rockets game notes vs. Oil Kings
- The Rockets Remember
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Feeling fine after scoring nine
- 'Giant' win on the road
- Rockets logo/jersey gets attention at NHL game
- Rockets game notes vs. Giants
- Rockets look to WHL player as sports psychologist
- Audio of 16 year-old's scoring first WHL goal
- Brown named 1st star in road win
- Brown and company come to play
- Game notes vs. Blazers
- I guess Dick Gibson isn't so bad?
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Things that make me go hmm....
- ▼ November (47)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)