Tonight’s Preview: Tonight‘s game against the Bruins is the 7th of eight meetings between these two teams this season. The Rockets are 5-0-1-0 in the first six games, having out-scored their BC Division opponent 23-12. Of the Rockets 19 wins this season, 26 percent of them have been earned against the Bruins. The seasonal series concludes February 6th in Chilliwack. Overall the Rockets have lost six straight (0-5-0-1) heading into tonight’s game after a 4-3 loss to Red Deer Saturday night. In the big picture the Rockets have just one win in their last 12 games (1-9-1-1). During the six game losing streak the Rockets have been out-scored 31-17. This is the final game of a four game home stand. Following tonight’s game the Rockets are in Prince George for back-to-back games this weekend.
Last Game Recap: Tyson Barrie and Shane McColgan each had two assists in a 4-3 loss Saturday night to the Red Deer Rebels. The Rockets opened the scoring courtesy of Cody Chikie before the Rebels erupted for four straight goals to take a 4-1 lead. Dallas Jackson and Brandon McMillan also scored in the one goal loss. Mark Guggenberger made 21 saves in the loss, with the Rockets going 0 for 3 on the power play.
Who’s Hot – Who’s Not: Tyson Barrie has points in 29 of his last 34 games. Barrie has 7 points in his last seven games, all assists.…Barrie has 116 career assists, 3 fewer than former Rocket d-man Josh Gorges…Mitchell Callahan has ten points in his last eleven games (4+6=10).…Mark Guggenberger has made an appearance in nine of the Rockets last thirteen games.…Brett Bulmer has points in seven of his last eleven games (3+4=7)…the Rockets have given up 31 goals in the last six games (5.2 per game)…Lucas Bloodoff has three goals in his last four games…Mark Guggenberger has lost his last 8 starts. The 21 year-old is 0-7-1-0. Guggenberger’s only win this season came December 12th in a shootout victory in Moose Jaw.
Game Day Tidbits: The Rockets have lost 25 times this season. Last season the Rockets lost just 21 times….The Rockets have been out-shot in 15 of their last 17 games…The Rockets power play is 3 for 27 (11.1%) in the last six games…Tyson Barrie is second in league scoring by defencemen. Barrie is 7 points back of league leader Kevin Connauton of the Vancouver Giants.…The Rockets have been involved in nineteen (19) one goal games this season. The Rockets are 9-7-2-1 in those nineteen games…Kyle St. Denis and McColgan lead the team with 8 power play goals….Tyson Barrie has a team high 39 assists, 1 fewer than he had all of last season…McColgan is six points back of the Giants Kevin Connauton for the WHL scoring lead by rookies…Ryan Huska recorded his 100th regular season victory December 4th against Edmonton…Geordie Wudrick is missing his 10th straight game with a shoulder injury…Defenceman Mitchell Chapman and forward Brett Bulmer are rated by NHL Central Scouting for this summers draft in Los Angeles. Chapman is rated 151st while Bulmer is ranked 164th among North American born skaters…The Rockets have 12 home games and 13 road games left for a total of 25. Of those 25 games, 8 are against American based teams including four vs. Seattle…Only Lethbridge, Edmonton, Seattle and Prince George have fewer wins than the Rockets 19.
January’s best performers: Shane McColgan leads the team with 9 points (3+6=9) in January. McColgan is closely followed Dallas Jackson (3+5=8) and Tyson Barrie (0+7=7). Mitchell Callahan has five points (1+4=5) during the month while rookie Brett Bulmer has four points (2+2=4) in January.
- ► 2017 (128)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Jackson's shorthanded goals leads Rockets to win
- Taking it to the Tigers
- Grabbing the Tiger by the tail!
- Rockets win 4th straight
- Barrie's record breaking night
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Westblom gets last laugh over Danton
- UBCO study on Rockets
- UBCO conduct study on Rockets
- Four of a kind have Rockets dealing a winning hand...
- Game notes vs. T-Birds
- Westblom will have stories to tell
- Rockets GM enters BC Hockey Hall of Fame
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Rockets take 2 steps forward
- Bulmer likes home cook'n
- Quick thoughts on a Friday
- Solid effort, same result
- Gore great
- Game notes vs. Bruins
- Rockets injury update
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Behind the Mic with Broncos play-by-play man Jon K...
- Sluggish second period=sixth straight setback
- WHL Commish Ron Robison
- Disappointing finish won't erase a great game
- Game notes vs Winterhawks tomorrow night
- Huska about to become a dad...again
- Rockets speak on dangers of drugs
- Sean Aschim transcript
- Dallas Jackson transcript
- Lambert turns the big 4-0
- Jackson and Aschim comment on trade
- Jackson/Aschim practice with new team today
- The voice of the Vancouver Giants
- Chapman/Bulmer make NHL draft rankings
- St. Denis' season is over
- Trade day thoughts
- Five players moved from 2006 WHL draft
- Jackson fills huge hole
- Rockets trades
- Rockets make deals
- Verdino traded
- Happy birthday Guggs!
- Mucha - the man
- Rockets fall 6-4 to Blazers
- Thanks you Mr. McEwan
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- Varady's golden moment
- Tips put in gold medal effort
- Tips 6 Rockets 2
- McMillan arrives in Kelowna
- McMillan speaks on disappointing loss
- Rockets game notes vs Tips
- McMillan brings back silver medal
- Rockets Injury Update
- Desjardins winning record speaks volumes
- Tri City Americans radio voice Craig West
- Webs on the Fan 590 in T.O
- Kelowna connections at World Junior final
- McColgan's record breaking performance accompanied...
- Gogol situation clarified
- Ito plays hero
- The voice of the Kamloops Blazers
- Rockets game notes vs. Bruins
- No longer sweet 16
- A point well earned
- ▼ January (68)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)