Tonight’s Preview: Tonight‘s game is the 4th of 5 meetings between the Rockets and Tips this season. The Rockets are 1-2-0-0 in the first three games, having out-scored the Tips 12-11. The Rockets lone win was a 6-2 victory December 2nd in Everett. The Rockets have suffered 5-4 and 4-2 setback. Following tonight’s game these two teams hook up again February 10th. The Rockets enter tonight’s game with three losses in their last four home games and just one win in their last seven overall (1-5-1-0). The Rockets are in Kamloops Friday before hosting the Blazers Saturday night. The Rockets play five of their next six games at home. Following Friday’s road game in Kamloops, the Rockets play 10 of their next 12 games at home.
Seasonal Series Breakdown vs. Tips:
Teams: 1 2 3 OT Total
Rockets: 5 4 3 0 12
Tips: 3 5 3 0 11
*The Rockets have scored a power play goal in all three games against the Tips this season. The Rockets are 6 for 21 with the man advantage (28.6%). The Tips are 5 for 15 with the power play against the Rockets (33.3%). The Rockets have out-shot the Tips in all three games by a margin of 109-80.
Last Game Recap: Shane McColgan scored twice in a losing cause in a 6-3 setback in Vancouver Sunday night. Tyler Halliday scored a third period goal to make the score respectable. The Giants scored 5 goals in the second period in the win. Oddly enough the Rockets had a 2-1 lead after 20 minutes of play. Mark Guggenberger gave up five goals before being replaced by Adam Brown. The Rockets were 1 for 6 on the power play while the Giants were 3 for 7 with the man advantage. The Giants out-shot the Rockets 38-18.
Barrie anchors back end: Rockets defenseman Tyson Barrie has 139 career points, the third highest point total for defenseman in franchise history. Josh Gorges is the franchise leader with 152 career points followed by Mike Card with 147.
Who’s Hot – Who’s Not: Tyson Barrie has points in 26 of his last 29 games…Shane McColgan snapped a seven game goal scoring drought with two goals Sunday in Vancouver…Mitchell Callahan has seven points in his last six games (3+4=7).…Mark Guggenberger has made an appearance in six of the Rockets last eight games.…Brett Bulmer has points in four of his last six games (2+2=4).
Game Day Tidbits: Mitchell Callahan has 5 more points than the 27 he registered in his rookie season….Spencer Main has 15 more points than all of last season. Main has 18 points this season, after recording 1+2=3 as a rookie…Tyson Barrie is second in league scoring by defenceman. Barrie is 4 points back of league leader Kevin Connauton of the Vancouver Giants.…The Rockets have been involved in seventeen (17) one goal games this season. The Rockets are 9-6-2-0 in those seventeen games…Kyle St. Denis and McColgan lead the team with 8 power play goals….Tyson Barrie has a team high 33 assist, 9 fewer than he had all of last season…McColgan is three points back of the Giants Kevin Connauton for the WHL scoring lead by rookies……The Rockets are 19-21-2-0 after forty-two games this season. Last year the Rockets were 26-16-0-0 after forty-two games…The Rockets have scored 131 goals in forty-two games this season after scoring 140 times in the teams first forty-two games one season ago…The Rockets have allowed 136 goals against this season after surrendering 108 goals after forty-two games last year…Ryan Huska recorded his 100th regular season victory December 4th against Edmonton…Kyle St. Denis is missing his 11th straight game with a concussion…Lucas Bloodoff is missing his 15th straight game tonight after being hurt against the Kootenay Ice November 28th…Geordie Wudrick is missing his 5th straight game with a shoulder injury….
Rockets next five games:
Jan 8 @ Kamloops
Jan 9 vs. Kamloops
Jan 15 vs. Portland
Jan 16 vs. Red Deer
Jan 20 vs. Chillwack
- ► 2017 (129)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Jackson's shorthanded goals leads Rockets to win
- Taking it to the Tigers
- Grabbing the Tiger by the tail!
- Rockets win 4th straight
- Barrie's record breaking night
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Westblom gets last laugh over Danton
- UBCO study on Rockets
- UBCO conduct study on Rockets
- Four of a kind have Rockets dealing a winning hand...
- Game notes vs. T-Birds
- Westblom will have stories to tell
- Rockets GM enters BC Hockey Hall of Fame
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Rockets take 2 steps forward
- Bulmer likes home cook'n
- Quick thoughts on a Friday
- Solid effort, same result
- Gore great
- Game notes vs. Bruins
- Rockets injury update
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Behind the Mic with Broncos play-by-play man Jon K...
- Sluggish second period=sixth straight setback
- WHL Commish Ron Robison
- Disappointing finish won't erase a great game
- Game notes vs Winterhawks tomorrow night
- Huska about to become a dad...again
- Rockets speak on dangers of drugs
- Sean Aschim transcript
- Dallas Jackson transcript
- Lambert turns the big 4-0
- Jackson and Aschim comment on trade
- Jackson/Aschim practice with new team today
- The voice of the Vancouver Giants
- Chapman/Bulmer make NHL draft rankings
- St. Denis' season is over
- Trade day thoughts
- Five players moved from 2006 WHL draft
- Jackson fills huge hole
- Rockets trades
- Rockets make deals
- Verdino traded
- Happy birthday Guggs!
- Mucha - the man
- Rockets fall 6-4 to Blazers
- Thanks you Mr. McEwan
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- Varady's golden moment
- Tips put in gold medal effort
- Tips 6 Rockets 2
- McMillan arrives in Kelowna
- McMillan speaks on disappointing loss
- Rockets game notes vs Tips
- McMillan brings back silver medal
- Rockets Injury Update
- Desjardins winning record speaks volumes
- Tri City Americans radio voice Craig West
- Webs on the Fan 590 in T.O
- Kelowna connections at World Junior final
- McColgan's record breaking performance accompanied...
- Gogol situation clarified
- Ito plays hero
- The voice of the Kamloops Blazers
- Rockets game notes vs. Bruins
- No longer sweet 16
- A point well earned
- ▼ January (68)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)