The Kelowna Rockets are proud to announce that president and general manager Bruce Hamilton has been named as one of four new inductees into the BC Hockey Hall of Fame.
Hamilton was announced as one of four inductees into the BC Hockey Hall of Fame on Monday, joining NHL players Trevor Linden and Dallas Drake as well as BC Hockey’s Frank Lento as new members of the BC Hockey Hall of Fame.
“I’m very humbled and very honoured,” said Hamilton after a press conference on Monday in Vancouver. “In my eyes I think this is an organizational award because I have good people around me to help run our team and our business.”
A dedicated hockey executive, Hamilton is the president, general manager and governor of the Kelowna Rockets. He has directed the Kelowna franchise to four Memorial Cup Tournaments winning for the first time in franchise history in 2003-04. Hamilton has also spent the past six years as Chairman of the WHL Board of Governors. He moved the Tacoma Rockets to Kelowna in 1995. The building of a rich hockey tradition and a proud alumni in Kelowna are guiding principles under Hamilton's leadership.
“Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be looked upon this way,” said Hamilton. “I’m just trying to go about my job and make it as good as we possibly can make it.”
The 2010 Inductees will be honoured at the 2010 BC Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Banquet in Penticton on Friday July 23rd.
- ► 2017 (98)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Jackson's shorthanded goals leads Rockets to win
- Taking it to the Tigers
- Grabbing the Tiger by the tail!
- Rockets win 4th straight
- Barrie's record breaking night
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Westblom gets last laugh over Danton
- UBCO study on Rockets
- UBCO conduct study on Rockets
- Four of a kind have Rockets dealing a winning hand...
- Game notes vs. T-Birds
- Westblom will have stories to tell
- Rockets GM enters BC Hockey Hall of Fame
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Rockets take 2 steps forward
- Bulmer likes home cook'n
- Quick thoughts on a Friday
- Solid effort, same result
- Gore great
- Game notes vs. Bruins
- Rockets injury update
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Behind the Mic with Broncos play-by-play man Jon K...
- Sluggish second period=sixth straight setback
- WHL Commish Ron Robison
- Disappointing finish won't erase a great game
- Game notes vs Winterhawks tomorrow night
- Huska about to become a dad...again
- Rockets speak on dangers of drugs
- Sean Aschim transcript
- Dallas Jackson transcript
- Lambert turns the big 4-0
- Jackson and Aschim comment on trade
- Jackson/Aschim practice with new team today
- The voice of the Vancouver Giants
- Chapman/Bulmer make NHL draft rankings
- St. Denis' season is over
- Trade day thoughts
- Five players moved from 2006 WHL draft
- Jackson fills huge hole
- Rockets trades
- Rockets make deals
- Verdino traded
- Happy birthday Guggs!
- Mucha - the man
- Rockets fall 6-4 to Blazers
- Thanks you Mr. McEwan
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- Varady's golden moment
- Tips put in gold medal effort
- Tips 6 Rockets 2
- McMillan arrives in Kelowna
- McMillan speaks on disappointing loss
- Rockets game notes vs Tips
- McMillan brings back silver medal
- Rockets Injury Update
- Desjardins winning record speaks volumes
- Tri City Americans radio voice Craig West
- Webs on the Fan 590 in T.O
- Kelowna connections at World Junior final
- McColgan's record breaking performance accompanied...
- Gogol situation clarified
- Ito plays hero
- The voice of the Kamloops Blazers
- Rockets game notes vs. Bruins
- No longer sweet 16
- A point well earned
- ▼ January (68)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)