Monday, January 25, 2010

Rockets GM enters BC Hockey Hall of Fame

The Kelowna Rockets are proud to announce that president and general manager Bruce Hamilton has been named as one of four new inductees into the BC Hockey Hall of Fame.
Hamilton was announced as one of four inductees into the BC Hockey Hall of Fame on Monday, joining NHL players Trevor Linden and Dallas Drake as well as BC Hockey’s Frank Lento as new members of the BC Hockey Hall of Fame.
“I’m very humbled and very honoured,” said Hamilton after a press conference on Monday in Vancouver. “In my eyes I think this is an organizational award because I have good people around me to help run our team and our business.”
A dedicated hockey executive, Hamilton is the president, general manager and governor of the Kelowna Rockets. He has directed the Kelowna franchise to four Memorial Cup Tournaments winning for the first time in franchise history in 2003-04. Hamilton has also spent the past six years as Chairman of the WHL Board of Governors. He moved the Tacoma Rockets to Kelowna in 1995. The building of a rich hockey tradition and a proud alumni in Kelowna are guiding principles under Hamilton's leadership.
“Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be looked upon this way,” said Hamilton. “I’m just trying to go about my job and make it as good as we possibly can make it.”
The 2010 Inductees will be honoured at the 2010 BC Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Banquet in Penticton on Friday July 23rd.

2 comments:

Jared Comeau said...

Congratulations to Bruce Hamilton. Well deserved.

fan said...

congrats Bruce. a proud moment for Rockets fans as we all know we have a GREAT ORGANIZATION