Tonight’s Preview: Tonight‘s game against the T-Birds is the first of four meetings between the two teams this season. In fact the Rockets will play Seattle four times in the next 18 games. These two teams face each other Sunday in Seattle. The Rockets enter tonight’s game with back-to-back wins in Prince George last weekend. The Rockets were a 4-1 winner Friday before earning a 6-2 victory Saturday night. This is the first of three straight games at Prospera Place. The Rockets host Prince George Friday and Medicine Hat Saturday night. The Rockets have lost 5 straight games at home and 8 of their last 9.
Last Game Recap: Shane McColgan, Brandon McMillan and Collin Bowman each had three point night’s leading the Rockets to a 6-2 win over the Cougars Saturday night. Brett Bulmer had two goals in the Rockets 21st win of the season. The Rockets were 2 for 11 on the power play, with Bulmer and defenceman Dallas Jackson scoring with the extra man. Adam Brown earned the win in goal making 23 saves.
Who’s Hot – Who’s Not: The Rockets have opened the scoring in the last six games…Cody Chikie has four goals in his last five games.…Tyson Barrie has points in 31 of his last 37 games. Barrie has 8 points in his last five games….Barrie has 118 career assists, 1 fewer than former Rocket d-man Josh Gorges…Mitchell Callahan has twelve points in his last fourteen games (5+7=12).…Adam Brown has started three straight games.…Brett Bulmer has 6 points in his last five games…Brandon McMillan has goals in three of his last four games. McMillan has six points in his last four games.
Game Day Tidbits: Last season the Rockets beat the T-Birds 7-3 and 5-2 at Prospera Place…The last T-Birds win in Kelowna was February 22/08 in a 5-2 victory. Jim O’Brien had a goal and two assists in the win…The Rockets have lost 25 times this season. Last season the Rockets lost just 21 times….The Rockets power play is 7 for 44 (15.9%) in the last nine games…Tyson Barrie is second in league scoring by defencemen. Barrie is 6 points back of league leader Kevin Connauton of the Vancouver Giants.…The Rockets have been involved in twenty (20) one goal games this season. The Rockets are 9-7-2-2 in those twenty games…Dallas Jackson and Shane McColgan lead the team with 8 power play goals….Tyson Barrie has a team high 41 assists, 1 more than he had all of last season…McColgan is three points back of the Giants Kevin Connauton for the WHL scoring lead by rookies…Ryan Huska recorded his 100th regular season victory December 4th against Edmonton…Geordie Wudrick returned to the lineup Saturday after missing 11th games with a shoulder injury….Defenceman Mitchell Chapman and forward Brett Bulmer are rated by NHL Central Scouting for this summers draft in Los Angeles. Chapman is rated 151st while Bulmer is ranked 164th among North American born skaters…The Rockets have 11 home games and 11 road games left for a total of 22. Of those 22 games, 8 are against American based teams including four vs. Seattle…Adam Brown has a goal against average of 1.92 and a save percentage of .930 in his last four starts.
January’s best performers: Shane McColgan leads the team with 14 points (4+10=14) in January. McColgan is closely followed Dallas Jackson (4+6=10) and Tyson Barrie (1+9=10). Brett Bulmer has eight points (4+4=8) in January.
Trade winds blow: The Rockets were involved in four separate deals at the Western Hockey League deadline January 10th. The Rockets acquired 20 year-old Dallas Jackson from Prince George in exchange for overage forward Tyler Halliday and a 3rd round draft pick. The Rockets also picked up 17 year-old Sean Aschim from Prince Albert for a 6th round bantam pick. The Rockets also sent Curt Gogol to Saskatoon for a 3rd round bantam pick and the playing rights to Colton Sissons. Kyle Verdino was sent to Swift Current for a 5th round bantam pick.
Barrie anchors back end: Rockets defenseman Tyson Barrie has 148 career points, the second highest point total for defenseman in franchise history. Josh Gorges is the franchise leader with 152 career points. Mike Card is third with 147.
Rockets next three games:
Jan 29 vs. Prince George
Jan 30 vs. Medicine Hat
Jan 31 vs. Seattle
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Jackson's shorthanded goals leads Rockets to win
- Taking it to the Tigers
- Grabbing the Tiger by the tail!
- Rockets win 4th straight
- Barrie's record breaking night
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Westblom gets last laugh over Danton
- UBCO study on Rockets
- UBCO conduct study on Rockets
- Four of a kind have Rockets dealing a winning hand...
- Game notes vs. T-Birds
- Westblom will have stories to tell
- Rockets GM enters BC Hockey Hall of Fame
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Rockets take 2 steps forward
- Bulmer likes home cook'n
- Quick thoughts on a Friday
- Solid effort, same result
- Gore great
- Game notes vs. Bruins
- Rockets injury update
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Behind the Mic with Broncos play-by-play man Jon K...
- Sluggish second period=sixth straight setback
- WHL Commish Ron Robison
- Disappointing finish won't erase a great game
- Game notes vs Winterhawks tomorrow night
- Huska about to become a dad...again
- Rockets speak on dangers of drugs
- Sean Aschim transcript
- Dallas Jackson transcript
- Lambert turns the big 4-0
- Jackson and Aschim comment on trade
- Jackson/Aschim practice with new team today
- The voice of the Vancouver Giants
- Chapman/Bulmer make NHL draft rankings
- St. Denis' season is over
- Trade day thoughts
- Five players moved from 2006 WHL draft
- Jackson fills huge hole
- Rockets trades
- Rockets make deals
- Verdino traded
- Happy birthday Guggs!
- Mucha - the man
- Rockets fall 6-4 to Blazers
- Thanks you Mr. McEwan
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- Varady's golden moment
- Tips put in gold medal effort
- Tips 6 Rockets 2
- McMillan arrives in Kelowna
- McMillan speaks on disappointing loss
- Rockets game notes vs Tips
- McMillan brings back silver medal
- Rockets Injury Update
- Desjardins winning record speaks volumes
- Tri City Americans radio voice Craig West
- Webs on the Fan 590 in T.O
- Kelowna connections at World Junior final
- McColgan's record breaking performance accompanied...
- Gogol situation clarified
- Ito plays hero
- The voice of the Kamloops Blazers
- Rockets game notes vs. Bruins
- No longer sweet 16
- A point well earned
- ▼ January (68)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)