Tonight’s Preview: Tonight‘s game against the Blazers is just the fifth meeting of the season between these BC Division rivals. The Rockets are 1-3-0-0 with the only win (5-0) coming September 26th in Kelowna. The Rockets have lost both games in Kamloops this season. The Blazers have out-scored the Rockets 13-10 in the first four games in the seasonal series. Following tonight’s game these two teams hook up again tomorrow night in Kelowna. The Rockets are in a stretch of games where 4 of their next five games are on home ice. The Rockets open a four game home stand tomorrow with games against Kamloops, Portland, Red Deer and Chilliwack. Overall the Rockets have just one win in their last 8 games (1-6-1-0).
Seasonal Series Breakdown vs. Blazers:
Teams: 1 2 3 OT Total
Rockets: 2 4 4 0 10
Blazers: 4 3 6 0 13
*The Rockets have out-shot the Blazers in three of the four games. The Rockets have averaged 39 shots on goal in three games (156 total shots) as compared to the Blazers averaging 27 shots per game or (108 total shots). The Rockets are 4 for 27 with the man advantage (14.8%). The Blazers 5 for 23 with the power play against the Rockets (21.7%).
Last Game Recap: Tyler Halliday and Antoine Corbin scored goals in a 6-2 loss Wednesday night to the hands of the Everett Silvertips. The Tips had period leads of 3-0 and 4-1. The Tips out-shot the Rockets 37-25.The Rockets were 1 for 6 on the power play while the Tips were 1 for 4 with the extra man. Adam Brown made 31 saves in the loss.
Barrie anchors back end: Rockets defenseman Tyson Barrie has 140 career points, the third highest point total for defenseman in franchise history. Josh Gorges is the franchise leader with 152 career points followed by Mike Card with 147.
Who’s Hot – Who’s Not: Tyson Barrie has points in 27 of his last 30 games…Shane McColgan snapped a seven game goal scoring drought with two goals last Sunday in Vancouver…Mitchell Callahan has seven points in his last seven games (3+4=7).…Mark Guggenberger has made an appearance in six of the Rockets last nine games.…Brett Bulmer has points in four of his last seven games (2+2=4).
Game Day Tidbits: Mitchell Callahan has 5 more points than the 27 he registered in his rookie season….Spencer Main has 15 more points than all of last season. Main has 18 points this season, after recording 1+2=3 as a rookie…Tyson Barrie is second in league scoring by defenceman. Barrie is 6 points back of league leader Kevin Connauton of the Vancouver Giants.…The Rockets have been involved in seventeen (17) one goal games this season. The Rockets are 9-6-2-0 in those seventeen games…Kyle St. Denis and McColgan lead the team with 8 power play goals….Tyson Barrie has a team high 34 assist, 8 fewer than he had all of last season…McColgan is five points back of the Giants Kevin Connauton for the WHL scoring lead by rookies……The Rockets are 19-22-2-0 after forty-three games this season. Last year the Rockets were 26-16-0-0 after forty-three games…The Rockets have scored 133 goals in forty-three games this season after scoring 140 times in the teams first forty-three games one season ago…The Rockets have allowed 142 goals against this season after surrendering 108 goals after forty-three games last year…Ryan Huska recorded his 100th regular season victory December 4th against Edmonton…Kyle St. Denis is missing his 12th straight game with a concussion…Lucas Bloodoff has missed 15 straight games after being hurt against the Kootenay Ice November 28th…Geordie Wudrick is missing his 6th straight game with a shoulder injury.
Rockets next four games:
Jan 9 vs. Kamloops
Jan 15 vs. Portland
Jan 16 vs. Red Deer
Jan 20 vs. Chillwack
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Jackson's shorthanded goals leads Rockets to win
- Taking it to the Tigers
- Grabbing the Tiger by the tail!
- Rockets win 4th straight
- Barrie's record breaking night
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Westblom gets last laugh over Danton
- UBCO study on Rockets
- UBCO conduct study on Rockets
- Four of a kind have Rockets dealing a winning hand...
- Game notes vs. T-Birds
- Westblom will have stories to tell
- Rockets GM enters BC Hockey Hall of Fame
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Rockets take 2 steps forward
- Bulmer likes home cook'n
- Quick thoughts on a Friday
- Solid effort, same result
- Gore great
- Game notes vs. Bruins
- Rockets injury update
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Behind the Mic with Broncos play-by-play man Jon K...
- Sluggish second period=sixth straight setback
- WHL Commish Ron Robison
- Disappointing finish won't erase a great game
- Game notes vs Winterhawks tomorrow night
- Huska about to become a dad...again
- Rockets speak on dangers of drugs
- Sean Aschim transcript
- Dallas Jackson transcript
- Lambert turns the big 4-0
- Jackson and Aschim comment on trade
- Jackson/Aschim practice with new team today
- The voice of the Vancouver Giants
- Chapman/Bulmer make NHL draft rankings
- St. Denis' season is over
- Trade day thoughts
- Five players moved from 2006 WHL draft
- Jackson fills huge hole
- Rockets trades
- Rockets make deals
- Verdino traded
- Happy birthday Guggs!
- Mucha - the man
- Rockets fall 6-4 to Blazers
- Thanks you Mr. McEwan
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- Varady's golden moment
- Tips put in gold medal effort
- Tips 6 Rockets 2
- McMillan arrives in Kelowna
- McMillan speaks on disappointing loss
- Rockets game notes vs Tips
- McMillan brings back silver medal
- Rockets Injury Update
- Desjardins winning record speaks volumes
- Tri City Americans radio voice Craig West
- Webs on the Fan 590 in T.O
- Kelowna connections at World Junior final
- McColgan's record breaking performance accompanied...
- Gogol situation clarified
- Ito plays hero
- The voice of the Kamloops Blazers
- Rockets game notes vs. Bruins
- No longer sweet 16
- A point well earned
- ▼ January (68)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)