Tonight’s Preview: The Rockets enter tonight’s contest having lost three straight games to Prince Albert, Saskatoon and Vancouver. Tonight‘s game against the Blazers is just the fourth meeting of the season between these BC Division rivals. The Rockets are 1-2-0-0 with the only win (5-0) coming September 26th in Kelowna. The Rockets have lost both games in Kamloops this season. Each team has been able to score 9 goals against one another in the seasonal series. Following tonight’s game these two teams hook up again January 8th in Kamloops. The Rockets are in a stretch of games where 7 of the next 10 are on home ice. The only road games over that period are in Chilliwack, Vancouver and Kamloops. The Rockets are in Chilliwack tomorrow night before hosting the Bruins Saturday.
Seasonal Series Breakdown vs. Blazers:
Teams: 1 2 3 OT Total
Rockets: 2 3 4 0 9
Blazers: 2 3 4 0 9
*The Rockets have out-shot the Blazers in all three games. The Rockets have averaged 43 shots on goal in three games (128 total shots) as compared to the Blazers averaging 25.3 shots per game or (76 total shots). The Rockets are 4 for 21 with the man advantage (19%). The Blazers 4 for 16 with the power play against the Rockets (25%).
Last Game Recap: Mitchell Callahan had a goal and an assist in a 7-3 loss Sunday to the Vancouver Giants. The Giants scored three times in the first period and four times in the third period in the win. Tyler Matheson and Tyson Barrie also scored in the Rockets 19th loss of the season. Adam Brown allowed 3 goals on 9 shots before being replaced by Mark Guggenberger, who allowed 4 goals on 24 shots. The Rockets were 2 for 5 on the power play while the Giants were 3 for 6 with the extra man. Overall the Rockets were out-shot 37-21.
Barrie one of the best: Rockets defenseman Tyson Barrie has 135 career points, the third highest point total for defenseman in franchise history. Josh Gorges is the franchise leader with 152 career points followed by Mike Card with 147.
Who’s Hot – Who’s Not: Tyson Barrie has points in 23 of his last 25 games. Barrie scored his first goal in 14 games Sunday against Vancouver….Rookie Max Adolph has goals in five of his last ten games…Shane McColgan has 9 goals in his last twelve games…The Rockets have given up five shorthanded goals in the last nine games. Spencer Main has points in 6 of his last 10 games…Mitchell Callahan has four fighting majors in his last five games…Mark Guggenberger has made an appearance in three of the Rockets last four games.…Brett Bulmer has 6 points (2+4=6) in his last nine games.
Game Day Tidbits: Mitchell Callahan has 3 more goals (14) than the 11 he scored in his rookie season….Spencer Main has 15 more points than all of last season. Main has 18 points this season, after recording 1+2=3 as a rookie…Curt Gogol’s assist Sunday against Vancouver gives him one more point than the five he recorded all of last season….Gogol is playing in his 98th career game tonight against the Blazers….Tyson Barrie is third in league scoring by defenceman. Barrie is 5 points back of league leader Kevin Connauton of the Vancouver Giants.…Shane McColgan is attempting to become the highest scoring 16 year-old in Kelowna Rockets history. McColgan has 38 points, 3 fewer than franchise leader Marty Flichel, who had 41 points (21+20=41) during the 1992-93 season…Curt Gogol leads the WHL in penalty minutes with 112..….Adam Brown leads the league for the most games played by a goaltender (34)….Brown has played the second most minutes of any goaltender in the WHL (1954)….The Rockets have been involved in fifteen (15) one goal games this season. The Rockets are 8-6-1-0 in those fifteen games…Kyle St. Denis leads the team with 8 power play goals….Tyson Barrie has a team high 30 assist, 10 fewer than he had all of last season…McColgan is four points back of the Giants Kevin Connauton for the WHL scoring lead by rookies……The Rockets are 18-19-1-0 after thirty-eight games this season. Last year the Rockets were 23-15-0-0 after thirty-eight games…The Rockets have scored 122 goals in thirty-eight games this season after scoring 127 times in the teams first thirty-eight games one season ago…The Rockets have allowed 121 goals against this season after surrendering 97 goals after thirty-eight games last year…Ryan Huska recorded his 100th regular season victory December 4th against Edmonton.
- ► 2017 (116)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- Rockets can't buy a bounce
- Great effort - bad result
- Bowman out over a month
- Weber/Keith Olympic picks
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- 2009 - What a year it was
- Giants in giving mood handing Rockets home ice los...
- Giant loss at home
- Rockets game notes vs. Giants
- The 'voice' of the Edmonton Oil Kings
- Home for the Holidays
- Roady comes to an end
- Road trip ends with 3 and 3 record
- McMillan wears Canadian colours
- Art Hauser Centre Video
- Not good!
- Rockets game notes vs. Raiders
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #4
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #3
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #2
- Rockets Video Christmas Card
- Pics from Monday's workout in Saskatoon
- Severson re-joins Rockets
- Rockets receive eye opener
- Rockets celebrate Christmas in Saskatoon
- Video goodbye to Moose Jaw Civic Centre
- Pics from Moose Jaw/Regina
- Guggenberger good as gold in victory
- Game notes vs. Warriors
- Pics from last night
- Winning 'Fehr' and square
- Boarding the bus for Brandon
- Things that make me go hmm...
- He's Back!
- Getting a ride with a Rider
- Damon Severson Interview
- Retro night in Regina
- Rockets lose St. Denis to a concussion
- Rockets add 15 year-old to roster
- Game story in pictures
- Big win in tough building
- Game day pic's from Swift Current
- Game day in Swift Current
- Kelowna Broncos arrive in Swift Current
- Leonard has one up on Lazo
- Average effort produces winning result
- Kootenay Ice radio voice Jeff Hollick
- Rockets game notes vs. Oil Kings
- Callahan uses soft hands to pummel opponent
- Make it 3 straight wins on the road
- Lucas Bloodoff out 4 to 6 weeks
- McMillan gets invite
- Rockets game notes vs. Tips
- ▼ December (53)
- ► 2008 (396)