- The Rockets ended a six game in 9 day road trip with a 4-1 loss in Saskatoon Wednesday night. The Blades scored three times in the second period in the win. Mitchell Callahan had the lone goal for the Rockets, who end the trip with a 3 and 3 record.
- The game against the Blades started with a bang with two fights less than 2 minutes into the period. Curt Gogol squares off and trades punches before Tyler Matheson shows courage by taking on Blades enforcer Randy McNaught. Matheson holds his own against McNaught, who from my count now has 16 fighting majors this season. Matheson has two – both against McNaught.
- The Rockets didn’t need to play error free hockey against the Blades, but they needed some steady performances. I thought while Mark Guggenberger wasn’t bad, he admittedly wasn’t at his best either. The 20 year-old has the ability to be a difference maker, yet didn’t play a large enough role against one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.
- The line of Geordie Wudrick, Shane McColgan and Cody Chikie had an extremely quiet night. Against one of the better teams in the division, those three need to be better.
- Rookie Colton Jobke gets involved in a third period scrap that seems to spark the Rockets. After the lopsided tilt, Mitchell Callahan scores moments later to make it a two goal game.
- Overall the 3 and 3 record on the road is viewed as a success, but when you win three of your first four games you come away wanting more. Losing two of the last three games after starting the trip 2-0-0-0 is disappointing.
- The best team I saw on the trip was Brandon followed by Swift Current. That said, one game against each team may not be an accurate assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of that particular team.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Roady comes to an end
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- Rockets can't buy a bounce
- Great effort - bad result
- Bowman out over a month
- Weber/Keith Olympic picks
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- 2009 - What a year it was
- Giants in giving mood handing Rockets home ice los...
- Giant loss at home
- Rockets game notes vs. Giants
- The 'voice' of the Edmonton Oil Kings
- Home for the Holidays
- Roady comes to an end
- Road trip ends with 3 and 3 record
- McMillan wears Canadian colours
- Art Hauser Centre Video
- Not good!
- Rockets game notes vs. Raiders
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #4
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #3
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #2
- Rockets Video Christmas Card
- Pics from Monday's workout in Saskatoon
- Severson re-joins Rockets
- Rockets receive eye opener
- Rockets celebrate Christmas in Saskatoon
- Video goodbye to Moose Jaw Civic Centre
- Pics from Moose Jaw/Regina
- Guggenberger good as gold in victory
- Game notes vs. Warriors
- Pics from last night
- Winning 'Fehr' and square
- Boarding the bus for Brandon
- Things that make me go hmm...
- He's Back!
- Getting a ride with a Rider
- Damon Severson Interview
- Retro night in Regina
- Rockets lose St. Denis to a concussion
- Rockets add 15 year-old to roster
- Game story in pictures
- Big win in tough building
- Game day pic's from Swift Current
- Game day in Swift Current
- Kelowna Broncos arrive in Swift Current
- Leonard has one up on Lazo
- Average effort produces winning result
- Kootenay Ice radio voice Jeff Hollick
- Rockets game notes vs. Oil Kings
- Callahan uses soft hands to pummel opponent
- Make it 3 straight wins on the road
- Lucas Bloodoff out 4 to 6 weeks
- McMillan gets invite
- Rockets game notes vs. Tips
- ▼ December (53)
- ► 2008 (396)