- After an all day bus ride the Kelowna Broncos, I mean Kelowna Rockets, have arrived in the city where "life makes sense". The Rockets have no less than seven links to the Broncos organization or to the city of Swift Current itself. Mark Guggenberger, Chad Ketting and Geordie Wudrick were all traded to Kelowna by the Broncos while Rockets rookie defenseman MacKenzie Johnston and assistant coach Ryan Cuthbert were both born in the 'Frontier City'. Rockets assistant coach Dan Lambert is a former Bronco alumni while I had the privilege of calling radio games for the Broncos for five seasons from 1995 to 1999. Had Lorne Frey made the trip that number would have increased to eight. Frey was a Broncos assistant coach in the late 80's including being behind the bench of a Memorial Cup win in 1989.
- In the last three seasons these two teams (Broncos and Rockets) have completed four trades. Wudrick, Guggenberger and Ketting were involved in individual deals as was Brady Leavold, who the Rockets acquired in the early stage of the 2007-2008 season. And you thought the Bonner brothers had something special!
- The Rockets left early Sunday morning while I plan to fly into Regina Monday night. I hope to hitch hike my way into Swift Current in time for Tuesday's game.
- How do you like this one. The last time the Rockets made a stop in Swift Current was January 25/08. In that game the Rockets lost 4-0. Who recorded the shutout that night? Mark Guggenberger. Gugg's made 30 saves.
- Geordie Wudrick scored a shorthanded goal in that game for the Broncos and was a +3.
- The Rockets and Broncos met just once last season - in Kelowna - with the Broncos winning 3-1. Geordie Wudrick scored a goal in that game for the Broncos while Mark Guggenberger was the backup to starter Travis Yonkman. Yonkman was good in the 3rd period, when the Rockets out-shot Swift Current 14-2.
- Special thanks to the Tri City Americans organization for delivering to me their 2009-2010 team guide. This 182 page booklet would sure look good under a Tri City American fans Christmas tree. Executive Editor Dan Mulhausen deserves a pat on the back for the work he put into the project. It's the best of it's kind in the league, no question. The Kelowna Rockets should look at doing something similiar, not necessarily every season, but when the team celebrates it's 20th anniversary.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Kelowna Broncos arrive in Swift Current
- ► 2017 (73)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- Rockets can't buy a bounce
- Great effort - bad result
- Bowman out over a month
- Weber/Keith Olympic picks
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- 2009 - What a year it was
- Giants in giving mood handing Rockets home ice los...
- Giant loss at home
- Rockets game notes vs. Giants
- The 'voice' of the Edmonton Oil Kings
- Home for the Holidays
- Roady comes to an end
- Road trip ends with 3 and 3 record
- McMillan wears Canadian colours
- Art Hauser Centre Video
- Not good!
- Rockets game notes vs. Raiders
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #4
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #3
- Rockets Video Christmas Card #2
- Rockets Video Christmas Card
- Pics from Monday's workout in Saskatoon
- Severson re-joins Rockets
- Rockets receive eye opener
- Rockets celebrate Christmas in Saskatoon
- Video goodbye to Moose Jaw Civic Centre
- Pics from Moose Jaw/Regina
- Guggenberger good as gold in victory
- Game notes vs. Warriors
- Pics from last night
- Winning 'Fehr' and square
- Boarding the bus for Brandon
- Things that make me go hmm...
- He's Back!
- Getting a ride with a Rider
- Damon Severson Interview
- Retro night in Regina
- Rockets lose St. Denis to a concussion
- Rockets add 15 year-old to roster
- Game story in pictures
- Big win in tough building
- Game day pic's from Swift Current
- Game day in Swift Current
- Kelowna Broncos arrive in Swift Current
- Leonard has one up on Lazo
- Average effort produces winning result
- Kootenay Ice radio voice Jeff Hollick
- Rockets game notes vs. Oil Kings
- Callahan uses soft hands to pummel opponent
- Make it 3 straight wins on the road
- Lucas Bloodoff out 4 to 6 weeks
- McMillan gets invite
- Rockets game notes vs. Tips
- ▼ December (53)
- ► 2008 (396)