The Kelowna Rockets goaltender literally stole two points out of Spokane Saturday night in a 5-3 win over the Chiefs. Brown was the best player on the ice - again - in the teams 26th win of the season. Brown made several solid stops while Brett Bulmer scored twice. Shane McColgan, Colton Heffley and Geordie Wudrick - into an empty net - helped the Rockets to their second win of the season in Spokane. It was the Chiefs 4th regulation loss at home this season.
- The Rockets were down 2-1 after the opening period despite being out-shot 17-3. The two teams were tied at three after 40 minutes after the Rockets killed off three consecutive power play chances by the Chiefs, including a short lived 5 on 3.
- Jesse Astles again held his own in a fight with WHL penalty minutes leader Darren Kramer. The two squared off at center ice in the second period and traded a few punches before giving each other the thumbs up in the penalty box. It was Kramer's 30th fighting major of the season.
- Zach Franko collected two assists extending his point streak to ten games.
- The Rockets have scored 17 goals in their last three games while surrendering just eight.
- The Rockets will try to win three straight games on the road Sunday night against the Tri City Americans. The last time they accomplished that feat was November 19th, 20th and 27th in an overtime win in Spokane.
- Unfortunately we were unable to broadcast the first period after some technical issues at the Spokane Arena. After getting things finally sorted out, we caught the final 40 minutes of the game.