The Kelowna Rockets won four of five games on a Central Division road trip. The team out-scored the opposition 19-11 in the five games. This is a breakdown of who did what on the trip.
Leading point producer: This one may surprise you. It was Damon Severson. The 18 year-old d-man picked up 8 points (2+6=8) in the five games and was named the first star three times. Tyson Baillie had a strong trip with 5 points and led the team in goals with four. Zach Franko had five points, with all five coming on assists. Myles Bell (2+2=4), Dylen McKinlay (1+3=4) and Ryan Olsen (0+4=4) each had four points in the five games.
Good start, good finish: Of the 19 goals scored on the five game road trip, six were scored in the first period with 8 scored in the final frame.
Second period problems: Of the 11 goals the team gave up in the five games, which isn't many, seven of them were scored in the second period. Only one goal was allowed in the first period in all five games. That one goal in the first period came against Red Deer on a shot that went off the glass behind the net, bounced back in front and made its way past Jackson Whistle.
Power to the power play: The Rockets scored six of their 19 goals on the power play. In 24 chances, the Rockets efficiency rate was a solid 25 percent. The only negative was giving up a shorthanded goal on a 5 on 3 power play against the Calgary Hitmen.
- ► 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- Game notes vs. Tips
- Don Hay and losing don't mix (Audio)
- A few first half awards I would like to hand out.
- Zach Attack
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- News, quotes and anecdotes
- A few Christmas numbers
- Rockets prospect receives all-star birth
- Rockets photographer plays role of hero
- Who did the heavy lifting on road trip
- A few photos from the roady
- Out of gas in final game of terrific road trip
- Merkley follows in bantam draft prospects footstep...
- Rockets use scoring punch and physical force in ro...
- Rockets game notes vs. Tigers
- T'was the final night before Xmas, Kelowna Rockets...
- Derailing the 'Cane Train'
- Unlikely source scores winner
- Back on the bus
- Rockets notes vs. Cougars
- Getting away with a win with a less than stellar e...
- Game notes vs. Broncos
- News, notes and a couple of quotes
- Sissons wearing Canadian colours?
- Opposing goalies receive 1st star status
- ▼ December (25)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)