- Colton Sisson's hat-trick last night against the Giants was what I would consider the purest of hat trick's. What do I mean? Well, all three goals Sissons scored were at crucial times in the game. Three goal games by one player come in many different forms, but many are the result of a lopsided win in which the player scored the 6th goal in a 6-1 triumph.
- Sisson's third goal was the nicest because it came from in-tight on the goaltender as the 17 year-old crashed the net. That goal was simply determination to win the battle with the Giants defenceman in front of the net. Love it.
- The line of Sissons, Geordie Wudrick and Evan Bloodoff combined for eight points. Wudrick scored his 31st goal of the season....his first in six games.
- Sixteen year-old Tyrell Goulbourne was brought in to help the Rockets depleted lineup. Goulbourne didn't look out of place. He has really improved since we saw him in training camp. What I like most about the Edmonton product was his fear factor. He didn't have one. First to pucks; initiate body contact and getting into a fight with 20 year-old Giants defenceman Darren Bestland was a sure sign this guy wants to play a significant part with this team.
- Adam Brown made 42 saves, most of them from the perimeter. I question the 44 shots directed towards the Rockets net. I will admit I had to wonder if the Seattle Thunderbird shot counting crew was in the building.
- Giants defenceman Luke Feske took a shot to the chin from a Geordie Wudrick shot and appeared to lose some teeth in the process. Fenske left the ice in the first period but was back on the ice in the third. I can't imagine how bad he looks and how sore he is today.
- The Rockets defencive core deserves credit in the win. Playing with just five d-men, Zak Stebner, Tyson Barrie, MacKenzie Johnston, Kevin Smith and Damon Severson did a good job of keeping Giants leading scorer Brendan Gallagher at bay. Gallagher had just one assist.
- How much did the trip to Whitehorse hurt the Giants in last night's game? They look pooped. Ya, I said it. Pooped.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Quick thoughts from last night
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- I am no videographer!
- Things that make go hmm...
- Farewell with February
- Audio of game winner
- Wudrick wins it !!!
- Rockets go to war against Hitmen
- Almost a year to the day since road shutout
- Busing down to Red Deer to meet the Rebels
- WHL GM miffed with attendance
- What the.....
- Bus photo's
- Thursday morning pics from practice
- Sissons provides shoot-out success
- Lees to join Rockets
- Rockets drop road trip opener
- Game day in Kootenay Country
- Quick thoughts from Cranbrook
- 'Roady to Cranny'
- Back atop the division
- Rockets 'styling' in home ice win
- One line won't get it done!
- Rockets game notes vs. Chiefs
- Quick thoughts from last night
- Game notes vs. Giants
- Chilliwack Bruins have quality coaching staff
- Rockets alumnus plays in 500th NHL game
- Flichel's record appears to be safe
- Jobke gets 7 games
- Howse has Benn-like qualities/ Anthem singers
- Game notes vs. Tips
- Traber breaks leg
- Better effort, bad result
- Game notes vs. Wack
- Friendship with fisticuffs?
- Rockets crash back down to earth
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Rough start to weekend
- Welcome to Prince George
- Game notes vs. Cougars
- 7th Heaven
- Game notes vs. Bruins
- Separated at birth?
- ▼ February (43)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)