- Talk about getting back on track. A solid effort Saturday night in Chilliwack with a 1-0 win over the hometown Bruins. Good energy from all four lines and Adam Brown was solid in goal. I would almost go out on a limb and say it was Brown's best performance of the season. Brown didn't need to be spectacular, but was in control on every shot he faced. I hate when goaltenders overplay pucks and seem to be out of control to make a second save. Brown was square to the puck and made the routine saves look - routine.
- The lone goal of the game is scored early in the third period, yet I thought the Rockets created some good things in the offensive zone. While Brown was named the games first star, Lucas Gore, the Bruins goaltender, was just as good.
- The penalty kill continues to impress. With Brett Bulmer in the box for a double minor for high sticking, the penalty killing unit shut the door, as the Bruins attempt to send the game into overtime. The Rockets have not allowed a power play goal against in 6 games. The last team to score a power play against the Rockets was the Seattle Thunderbirds on January 27th.
- Bulmer receives a double minor for high sticking late in the third period after his stick strikes a Bruins player. Bulmer has no choice but to loose control of his stick after almost getting his head taken off with an open ice hit.
- A magician, brought in for a second intermission performance, was gathering almost as much attention in the upper concourse during the third period than what was happening on the ice. I am not saying the game lacked entertainment, but it's a sad commentary that a hockey fan in Chilliwack pays good money to watch junior hockey and then is more interested in a magician doing a slight of hand trick, rather than watching two teams involved in a one goal game.
- I thought it was a classy move by the Bruins organization when they dedicated a moment of silence in memory of Brendan Burke. The 21 year-old is the son of Leafs GM Brian Burke, died tragically in a car accident Friday night. Burke is a co-owner of the Chilliwack Bruins. I was given a black ribbon by the Bruins organization before the game that I wore on my suit jacket in memory of Burke.
- The win was the Rockets 9th straight. When was the last time this team won 9 in a row? It was during the 2005-2006 season when the team won 10 straight from October 2nd to November 21st. It started with a win over Everett and ended with a shootout loss to the Vancouver Giants.
- A day up at Silver Star on Sunday is the reason for the late post. No one was thinking hockey on Sunday were they? Everyone was tuned into the Super Bowl, minus me.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Better late than never?
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Weber and Keith's golden moment
- Missed chances prove costly
- Lucas leads by example
- Wudrick is money in the shootout
- Looking at the bright side
- I left Lethbridge scratching my head
- A sight for sore eyes
- Fill it up please!
- Thank heaven for....Evan
- Alberta bound, Alberta bound, it's good to be........
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Lots of shots=little reward
- Say goodbye to 17
- Why are the Portland Winterhawks so good?
- Portland Pics
- Playoff bound despite late game letdown
- Rockets clinch playoff spot despite one goal loss
- Chikie has broken collarbone
- Rockets may have lost more than just the game
- Hitmen 4 Rockets 1 Final
- Game notes vs. Hitmen
- Cody Almond interview
- Got off the phone with Cody Almond
- Rockets flavour at 2010 Olympics
- McColgan/Bulmer the next Long/Benn?
- Rockets lead now 3 points over Blazers
- Olivia Newton-John would have been proud
- Old time hockey=Rockets victory
- Behind the Mic - Bruce Luebke
- Almond makes NHL debut
- Rockets lose for first time in 10 games
- Tips 4 Rockets 0 Final
- Kyle Beach is a bobblehead
- Playoff preview?
- Habscheid knows pressure that Olympics bring
- Crowd noise in Chilliwack is indeed legit
- Better late than never?
- Brian Burke's son remembered in Chilliwack
- Eight straight, but not so great
- Rockets game notes vs. Hurricanes
- Rockets helping Haitians
- Muench on Skilliter audio
- Skilliter Update: Released from hospital
- WHL Referee Update
- Is this a candidate for the WHL Plays of the Week?...
- 7th Heaven
- I'm disappointed, is Jung?
- Rockets game notes vs. Oil Kings
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Behind the mic with Rebels voice Cam Moon
- I think I've seen everything now
- ▼ February (52)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)