- If it's a bad night for your goalie, it likely won't be a good night for your team. That was the case Saturday night for the Kelowna Rockets and Adam Brown in a 4-3 shootout loss to the visiting Kamloops Blazers. Brown surrendered three goals in regulation, one of which was the tying goal with 22 seconds left in regulation time, and then failed to make a stop in the shootout in the one goal loss. While Brown wasn't the only reason behind the loss, the 18 year-old goaltender has had better nights. A quality save or two would have gone a long way in helping the Rockets earn their 30th win of the season while moving 6 points up on the Blazers for 6th place in the Western Conference. The loss has the Rockets enjoying just a 3 point cushion.
- Veteran forward CJ Stretch had a solid game for the Blazers, coming up big with three goals in the victory. Stretch beats Brown with a low shot that finds room between the goalies legs and then scores the tying goal with a seeing-eye shot that beats Brown to the blocker. The tying goal comes with Kurtis Mucha on the bench for the extra attacker. The overage forward isn't done there, scoring once in the shootout. It's a good night for the California resident.
- You have to praise the efforts of Rockets forward Brandon McMillan for playing in pain. After hurting what appeared to be his ankle in Friday's 5-3 win, McMillan gutted this one out and played despite the nagging injury.
- This game had no where near the intensity we saw Friday night when these two teams collided in Kamloops. After a five fight night, only one bout featuring Rockets forward Tyler Matheson and Blazers d-man Brandon Underwood developed.
- The Rockets end the seasonal series with the Blazers with a record of 2-5-0-1 in eight games.
- After going three games without a point, Tyson Barrie collects two assists. It was Barrie's longest pointless streak of the season.
- Brett Bulmer breaks out of a nine game goal scoring slump with a nice individual effort on the power play in the third period. It was Bulmer's longest goal scoring drought of the season.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Rockets lead now 3 points over Blazers
- ► 2017 (97)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Weber and Keith's golden moment
- Missed chances prove costly
- Lucas leads by example
- Wudrick is money in the shootout
- Looking at the bright side
- I left Lethbridge scratching my head
- A sight for sore eyes
- Fill it up please!
- Thank heaven for....Evan
- Alberta bound, Alberta bound, it's good to be........
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Lots of shots=little reward
- Say goodbye to 17
- Why are the Portland Winterhawks so good?
- Portland Pics
- Playoff bound despite late game letdown
- Rockets clinch playoff spot despite one goal loss
- Chikie has broken collarbone
- Rockets may have lost more than just the game
- Hitmen 4 Rockets 1 Final
- Game notes vs. Hitmen
- Cody Almond interview
- Got off the phone with Cody Almond
- Rockets flavour at 2010 Olympics
- McColgan/Bulmer the next Long/Benn?
- Rockets lead now 3 points over Blazers
- Olivia Newton-John would have been proud
- Old time hockey=Rockets victory
- Behind the Mic - Bruce Luebke
- Almond makes NHL debut
- Rockets lose for first time in 10 games
- Tips 4 Rockets 0 Final
- Kyle Beach is a bobblehead
- Playoff preview?
- Habscheid knows pressure that Olympics bring
- Crowd noise in Chilliwack is indeed legit
- Better late than never?
- Brian Burke's son remembered in Chilliwack
- Eight straight, but not so great
- Rockets game notes vs. Hurricanes
- Rockets helping Haitians
- Muench on Skilliter audio
- Skilliter Update: Released from hospital
- WHL Referee Update
- Is this a candidate for the WHL Plays of the Week?...
- 7th Heaven
- I'm disappointed, is Jung?
- Rockets game notes vs. Oil Kings
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Behind the mic with Rebels voice Cam Moon
- I think I've seen everything now
- ▼ February (52)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)