Tonight’s Preview: Tonight‘s game against the Oil Kings is the second meeting of the season between the two teams. These two teams met December 4th with the Rockets earning a 4-2 win. Geordie Wudrick scored his 12th and 13th goals of the season in the victory. These two teams conclude the three game seasonal series February 26th in Edmonton. Overall the Rockets enter tonight’s game having won six straight games, having out-scored the opposition 27-11. Following tonight’s game the Rockets host Lethbridge Friday before traveling to Chilliwack Saturday. The Rockets are 11 for 35 on the power play during the six game winning streak (31.4%). This six game winning streak matches a similar streak from September 26th to October 10th.
Last Game Recap: Dallas Jackson scored the game winner at the 4:04 mark of overtime lifting the Rockets to a 2-1 win Sunday night in Seattle. Shane McColgan also scored in the Rockets 25th win of the season. Brandon McMillan had two assists and was involved in a rare fight, only the 4th of his career. Mark Guggenberger snapped a personal 8 game losing streak by making 26 saves. The Rockets were 0 for 6 on the power play while scoring the game winner shorthanded.
Who’s Hot – Who’s Not: Tyson Barrie is riding a six game point streak (5+6-11)…Brandon McMillan has 3+6=9 in his last six games….Geordie Wudrick has 2+5=7 in his last five games….The Rockets have opened the scoring in nine of the last ten games…Cody Chikie has six goals in his last nine games.…Tyson Barrie has points in 35 of his last 41 games. Barrie has 124 career assists….Mitchell Callahan has six points in his last six games. Callahan has 4+2=6.…Adam Brown has started six of the teams last seven games.…Brett Bulmer has 7 points in his last nine games…Adam Brown is 5-0-0-2 in his last seven starts…Shane McColgan has points in 8 of his last 9 games. McColgan has 4+10=14 over that period…The Rockets have scored a short handed goal in three straight games.
Game Day Tidbits: Tyson Barrie is the WHL Player of the Week. Barrie had 4+4=8 in four wins last week… The Rockets enter tonight’s game having won 3 straight games at home and 3 straight on the road….The Rockets are 4 and 5 in situations that feature three games in three nights….The Rockets registered a season high 52 shots last Friday night in a 4-3 shoot-out win over the Cougars….The Rockets have lost 25 times this season. Last season the Rockets lost just 21 times….Tyson Barrie is tied for the league lead in points by a WHL defencemen. Barrie is tied with Kevin Connauton of the Vancouver Giants.…The Rockets have been involved in twenty-two (22) one goal games this season. The Rockets are 11-7-2-2 in those twenty-two games…Dallas Jackson, Shane McColgan and Tyson Barrie lead the team with 8 power play goals apiece….Tyson Barrie has a team high 45 assists, 5 more than he had all of last season…McColgan is one point back of the Giants Kevin Connauton for the WHL scoring lead by rookies…Ryan Huska recorded his 100th regular season victory December 4th against Edmonton…Defenceman Mitchell Chapman and forward Brett Bulmer are rated by NHL Central Scouting for this summers draft in Los Angeles. Chapman is rated 151st while Bulmer is ranked 164th among North American born skaters…The Rockets have 8 home games and 10 road games left for a total of 18. Of those 18 games, 6 are against American based teams…Brandon McMillan is one assist shy of 100 in his career…The Rockets have ten players with 10 or more goals. Lucas Bloodoff can join that list. The 20 year-old has 9 goals. Last season the Rockets had 12 players with 10 or more goals.
January’s best performers: Shane McColgan (6+12=18) and Tyson Barrie ((4+14=18) led the team with 18 points apiece in January. Dallas Jackson was next with (5+9=14). Brandon McMillan had 11 points (4+7=11) while Brett Bulmer had nine points (4+5=9) in January.
Torrie’s final time: Oil Kings twenty-one year old goaltender Torrie Jung will play his final game in Kelowna tonight. The former Rocket made his debut against the Portland Winterhawks September 30/06. Jung’s first win was against the Prince George Cougars November 11/06. Overall Jung played 66 games with the Rockets, collecting 20 victories.
Rockets next four games:
Feb 5 vs. Lethbridge
Feb 6 @ Chilliwack
Feb 10 @ Everett
Feb 12 @ Kamloops
- ► 2017 (73)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Weber and Keith's golden moment
- Missed chances prove costly
- Lucas leads by example
- Wudrick is money in the shootout
- Looking at the bright side
- I left Lethbridge scratching my head
- A sight for sore eyes
- Fill it up please!
- Thank heaven for....Evan
- Alberta bound, Alberta bound, it's good to be........
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Lots of shots=little reward
- Say goodbye to 17
- Why are the Portland Winterhawks so good?
- Portland Pics
- Playoff bound despite late game letdown
- Rockets clinch playoff spot despite one goal loss
- Chikie has broken collarbone
- Rockets may have lost more than just the game
- Hitmen 4 Rockets 1 Final
- Game notes vs. Hitmen
- Cody Almond interview
- Got off the phone with Cody Almond
- Rockets flavour at 2010 Olympics
- McColgan/Bulmer the next Long/Benn?
- Rockets lead now 3 points over Blazers
- Olivia Newton-John would have been proud
- Old time hockey=Rockets victory
- Behind the Mic - Bruce Luebke
- Almond makes NHL debut
- Rockets lose for first time in 10 games
- Tips 4 Rockets 0 Final
- Kyle Beach is a bobblehead
- Playoff preview?
- Habscheid knows pressure that Olympics bring
- Crowd noise in Chilliwack is indeed legit
- Better late than never?
- Brian Burke's son remembered in Chilliwack
- Eight straight, but not so great
- Rockets game notes vs. Hurricanes
- Rockets helping Haitians
- Muench on Skilliter audio
- Skilliter Update: Released from hospital
- WHL Referee Update
- Is this a candidate for the WHL Plays of the Week?...
- 7th Heaven
- I'm disappointed, is Jung?
- Rockets game notes vs. Oil Kings
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Behind the mic with Rebels voice Cam Moon
- I think I've seen everything now
- ▼ February (52)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)