Nineteen year-old Geordie Wudrick is now the newest member of the Kelowna Rockets.
Wudrick, a 35 goal scorers with the Swift Current Broncos last season, was acquired from the Broncos today for 19 year-old Stepan Novotny and a prospect (Tanner Clark).
Wudrick should be in the lineup Wednesday, at home, against the Portland Winterhawks.
Check out this video on the Rockets latest addition.
Here is another video after Wudrick was drafted in the 3rd round by the LA Kings:
- More notes on Wudrick after some research:
- Wudrick has played 240 career games. He will play in his 250th career game December 9th in Regina. Wudrick plays against his old team, Swift Current, a day earlier.
- Wudrick has 76 career goals and 140 career points.
- Despite a career high 35 goals last season, Wudrick failed to score in his first 12 games
- The 19 year-old made his WHL debut oddly enough in Kelowna against the Rockets as a 15 year-old on December 14, 2005.
- Wudrick's first WHL goal was scored in Chilliwack October 6, 2006.
- Wudrick is a first round bantam pick of the Swift Current Broncos from 2005. Wudrick was taken 2nd overall in that draft, the highest player ever selected by the Broncos organization. The top pick in 2005 was Colten Teubert, who was taken #1 by the Regina Pats.
- Wudrick has scored 45 of his 76 career goals on home ice (59%).
- Wudrick has 8 goals this season - all on home ice.
- Wudrick has one career hattrick after a three goal effort this season in Moose Jaw.
- Wudrick's longest career goal scoring streak is 7 games set last season.
- Wudrick's longest point streak is 14 games set last season.
- Wudrick has scored a goal in Kelowna. On December 12, 2008 Wudrick scored.
- Despite standing 6'3 and weighing 210 pounds, Wudrick is a skilled forward. He has just two fighting majors over his career.
- Wudrick is a former teammate of Rockets alumni Brady Leavold.