- Rockets prospect Shane McColgan and his team from Los Angeles have won the regionals in Las Vegas.
That means McColgan won't join the Rockets until early April. The earliest he is expected to join the team is April 5th.
- Kelly Guard can rest easy. His Kelowna Rockets franchise record for the lowest goals against average in a season will remain despite the efforts of rookie goaltender Adam Brown. Brown will likely end off the season with an average of 2.02, just slightly higher than Guard's 1.56 set in 2003-2004.
- Did you ever think Scott Parker's franchise record for penalty minutes in a career would ever be threatened? It could be, by Mitchell Callahan. Callahan has 188 penalty minutes in his rookie season. Should he play three more seasons with the Rockets, which means a year as a 20 year-old, Callahan is on pace to record 752 career penalty minutes. Parker had 729 over his three years with the Rockets from 1995-1998. As the old saying goes, records are made to be broken, but this one - until Callahan came on the scene - looked safe from ever being challenged. In case your wondering, Parker had 159 penalty minutes as a 17 year-old.
- The Rockets have five players on this years team with over 100 minutes in penalties. The last time the Rockets had that type of muscle was back in 2005-2006 when five players, including oddly enough Mike Card, produced over 100 penalty minutes. The Rockets have had 8 players register over 100 penalty minutes on three separate occasions. It's no surprise that the team that featured Scott Parker in 1996-97 would be on that list, but the WHL championship team of 2002-2003 also had eight players that had over 100 pims.
- Tysen Dowzak shouldn't hang his head for his lack of scoring ability back on the Rockets defensive core. Dowzak is currently riding a 128 game goal scoring drought. The 21 year-olds last goal was March 7th, 2007 against the Prince George Cougars. Dowzak's inability to find the back of net doesn't compare with Brett Palin's long standing goalless streak. Palin scored his first career goal in his 163rd career game. Now that's a long wait.
- Brandon McMillan's goal Friday night in a 6-4 win in Kamloops was his first in 21 games.
- The Rockets are riding a season high seven game winning streak heading into Monday's game against Spokane. The Rockets had a seven game winning streak in early January of last season before losing 5-3 to the Kamloops Blazers January 15, 2008.