Monday, February 12, 2007

Kobasew reunited with Habscheid


Former Rocket Chuck Kobasew is being reunited with his former junior coach Marc Habscheid now that he's been traded to the Bruins.
Kobasew won't play tonight when the Bruins face Edmonton, as 'Chucky' is out with an elbow injury.
Kobasew had these thoughts on coming to Boston:

I’m really looking forward to it. It is disappointing to leave Calgary, but I did play two years of my career in Boston: one at Boston College and one at Lowell in the AHL. I know the area very well and have always been a Bruins follower.

On what he knows about the Bruins:
I know a bunch of the guys. I’ve played with Shaun Donovan, Marc Savard, Patrice Bergeron, Brad Boyes, and a few defensemen who I played with at BC. I also had Coach Whiteside at Boston College for strength and conditioning.

On his elbow injury:
It was diagnosed on January 26, but I’m back skating already and it [the elbow] is feeling good. I’m just doing my rehab and I hope to be in the lineup as soon as I can.

On what his strengths are:
I think of myself as a hard worker, and I like to use my speed. I take pride in playing hard, and I also like to score goals.

No comments: