Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Coach Fired in BCHL

I don't normally post BCHL news, but I ran into this today. I understand some readers of this blog also have an interest in teams in Vernon, Penticton, Westside and Salmon Arm.

The top team in the BC Hockey League has made a surprising move in it's front office.
I spoke to Salmon Arm SilverBacks owner Randy Williams, who told me he has fired both general manager Garry Davidson and head coach Ty Davidson.
The moves come as a surprise considering the SilverBacks have won 15 of their first 19 games this season.
Williams says he will announce who the SilverBacks new coach will be as early as tomorrow.

1 comment:

TheWarrior said...

listen I was with gary when they fired hin during the 1998 Al Star game. I was so ticked that the coach Glen Williamsom had to sit next to me to make sure I didnt blurt out my thoughts
Gary is a class guy and to fire his kid at 15-3 is a worthless move