Sunday, October 27, 2013
Cooke: A 4th round pick that hit the bullseye
Now 20, Cooke boasts the best goals against average in the WHL. A 1.85 average, Cooke’s record reflects the team’s success. A personal 8-0-0-2 mark, Cooke was instrumental in back-to-back wins in Victoria on the weekend.
In a 4-1 win Friday night, Cooke had to make two penalty shot saves in the teams’ 8th win of the season and then was named the first star in a 2-1 shootout victory one night later. Over the weekend, Cooke stopped 61 of 63 shots he faced. Those numbers only add to the success he has had in the month of October. In seven starts, Cooke is 6-0-0-1, with a glowing goals against average of 1.67 and a save percentage of .947. Those numbers are one of many reasons why the Kelowna Rockets sit atop the BC Division standings with 9 wins and only two regulation losses after 13 games.
- ► 2017 (73)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- Cooke the crook - Audio
- Cooke: A 4th round pick that hit the bullseye
- Rockets spoil Royals record setter
- Rockets face Royals game notes
- The one that got away
- Rockets game notes vs. Hitmen
- Monday afternoon musings
- Cougars no pushover in one goal win
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Glover breaks ankle
- 'Cane Train' derailed
- Rockets game notes vs. Hurricanes
- 'Negative Ned' won't rear his ugly head
- Wheaton makes return against pesky T-Birds
- Failing to punish opponent hands Rockets first los...
- Rockets game notes vs. Chiefs
- Statement weekend?
- Cooke plays crook in four goal win
- Game Notes vs. Winterhawks
- Rockets take significant step forward with road wi...
- Rockets trade Johnston
- Rockets game notes vs. Tips
- ▼ October (22)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)