From stopping hockey pucks to defending clients accused of murder.
A former Kelowna Rockets goaltender is involved in a high profile first degree murder trial underway in a Kelowna courtroom this week.
One of the defense lawyers for Joelon Verma is 34 year-old Jordan Watt.
Verma is accused in the murder of Brittany Irving after a drug transaction in April of 2010.
Watt played parts of two seasons with the Kelowna Rockets after earning a roster spot on a free agent tryout.
The North Delta resident would eventually be traded to the Red Deer Rebels before attending the University of Ottawa where he would earn his law degree and follow in the footsteps of his father Alexander.
Watt is now based in Victoria.
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- Royals roar back to beat Rockets
- Rockets get anchor on blue line
- Baillie finds extra motivation
- Good start to new season
- You ready?
- Bell is coming back
- Is Damon Severson ready to hit elite status?
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Ex-Rockets goalie heads to CHL expansion franchise...
- Predicting big year for Baillie
- Rockets goalie defends more than just the goal
- Rockets close out pre-season with win
- Rockets notes - quotes and anecdotes
- Celebrating 10th anniversary of 2004 Memorial Cup
- Linaker and Rockets 2010 draft class about to make...
- ▼ September (15)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)