- The Kelowna Rockets got their groove back Friday night in Victoria. A five goal second period broke open a 1-1 game which eventually led to a 8-3 crushing of the Royals. Myles Bell had 2+2=4 while four of his teammates had two point games in the Rockets 43rd win of the season. Thanks to three power play goals, the Rockets have now out-scored the Royals 20-5 in the last three meetings.
- The two teams combined for just 11 shots in the first period with the Rockets opening the scoring for the sixth straight time in the seasonal series. Tyson Baillie, who has been one of the better Rockets of late with his physical play, scored his first goal in eight games before the Royals responded with the equalizing goal just 11 seconds later. The game was won in the second period when the Rockets looked like the team of old by dominating the territorial play and scoring five unanswered goals.
- Despite having a 6-1 lead through 40 minutes, the Royals scored an early goal to make it a four goal game and then scored a power play goal to make it 6-3 with 12:17 left on the clock. Myles Bell scored his second goal of the game on the power play just 1:59 later to make the score 7-3 which essentially but the game on ice for the road team.
- Bell had four points last night, matching the four point game he put up (1+3=4) against Prince George on October 6th.
- J.T Barnett has the hot hand of late. The 20 year-old is playing big minutes and has four goals in his last 7 games.
- Madison Bowey scored his 10th goal of the season on a nice three way passing play early in the second period. It was Bowey's first goal in 18 games.
- With a 6-1 lead after 40 minutes, I was wondered if the game would get goofy in the third period. I anticipate the two referee's must have been thinking the same thing and thus would try to keep a lid on things. Royals d-man Kolton Dixon received a hit to the head minor penalty after knocking the helmet off the head of J.T Barnett. Fourteen seconds after serving his two minute minor, which could have been more, Dixon comes out of the penalty box and checks Rockets d-man MacKenzie Johnston from behind.
- Jordon Cooke earned his 30th win of the season, the first Rockets goalie to accomplish the feat since Adam Brown won 31 times in 2009-2010. Kelly Guard had 44 wins in 2003-2004.
- Ryan Olsen's 31st goal of the season was the 100th point of his WHL career.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Rockets get their groove back
- ► 2016 (138)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- McKinlay having career year
- Rockets games notes vs. Seattle
- Things that make me go hmmm....
- Goal scoring by committee - audio
- The race for first place
- There back!
- Rockets get their groove back
- Flashback interview with Tyson Barrie
- Rockets all-time leading d-man pots first in NHL
- Fatigue a factor in February losses
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- Photo's from Everett
- Game notes vs. Tips
- Huska heading into BC Hockey Hall of Fame
- Petan's natural hattrick audio
- Fight is YouTube hit - literally!
- Character win to end tough stretch
- Winterhawks prove they are a cut above
- Despite the outcome, that my friends was fun
- Rockets game notes vs. Winterhawks
- First regulation loss of 2013
- By the numbers
- 40 never looked so good
- 'Whistle' while you work
- A January to remember
- ▼ February (25)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)