- Sticking it to the team that traded you must feel good. I am assuming Jackson Whistle was feeling pretty good about himself last night after a 5-1 win over the Vancouver Giants. Whistle was named the games first start with a 32 save performance in the Rockets 39th win of the season. Whistle was clearly the best player on the ice with some solid lower body saves, specifically in the second period when his team found themselves in penalty trouble. For those unaware, Whistle was traded from the Giants to the Rockets back in September. Since the trade, the 17 year-old has prospered.
- It was a crazy start to this one with three goals in a span of 1:26 of the first period. The Rockets opened the scoring just over two minutes into the game when Tyrell Goulbourne struck for his career high 8th goal of the season. The Giants would tie the score 14 seconds later before the Rockets regained the lead a minute later. There could have been more scoring by the Giants, but again, Jackson Whistle was solid the rest of the way.
- The best line for the Rockets was Tyson Ballie centering Tyrell Goulbourne and Cody Fowlie. Those three had good jump and created a lot of scoring chances. Baillie is playing as good a hockey as you are going to see from him. With 20 goals, the 17 year-old is making a name for himself in only his second season in the WHL. Baillie should be able to score 25 goals this season, which would match the total of Justin Keller. Keller scored 25 goals as a 17 year-old and would eventually score 50 goals two seasons later. Is it out of the realm of possibility that Baillie could eventually do the same?
- If you are wondering if Cody Fowlie has soft hands, that question can be answered by watching the video of Baillie's third period goal. Fowlie's back hand pass on the tape of Baillie on his off wing is sensational. Fowlie now has 2 goals and 4 assists in his last four games.
- The Rockets received a treat after the game when NHL Hall of Famer Joe Sakic spoke with the team quickly during their post game meal at the arena. Sakic was honored prior to the game with an on ice ceremony which included a quick speech from Joe to the crowd of over 9 thousand.
- The Rockets are now 4-0-1-0 against the Giants this season heading into the rematch tonight at Prospera Place as the team puts the wraps on three games in three night's for the second straight weekend.
- The Rockets will gun for their 40th win of the season. The team has accomplished the feat 8 times since they came into the league in 1991.
Saturday, February 2, 2013
'Whistle' while you work
- ► 2015 (119)
- ► 2014 (213)
- McKinlay having career year
- Rockets games notes vs. Seattle
- Things that make me go hmmm....
- Goal scoring by committee - audio
- The race for first place
- There back!
- Rockets get their groove back
- Flashback interview with Tyson Barrie
- Rockets all-time leading d-man pots first in NHL
- Fatigue a factor in February losses
- Rockets game notes vs. Blazers
- Photo's from Everett
- Game notes vs. Tips
- Huska heading into BC Hockey Hall of Fame
- Petan's natural hattrick audio
- Fight is YouTube hit - literally!
- Character win to end tough stretch
- Winterhawks prove they are a cut above
- Despite the outcome, that my friends was fun
- Rockets game notes vs. Winterhawks
- First regulation loss of 2013
- By the numbers
- 40 never looked so good
- 'Whistle' while you work
- A January to remember
- ▼ February (25)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)