Monday, August 8, 2011
Brown; Oiler bound
Kelowna Rockets goaltender Adam Brown is off to an NHL training camp next month.
The 20 year-old has been invited to attend the rookie camp of the Edmonton Oilers.
Undrafted, Brown will join the Oilers for the prospects tournament in Penticton next month (September 11-15) against rookies from the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Winnipeg Jets and San Jose Sharks.
Brown is excited about the opportunity to show that he belongs.
Brown is expected to be one of three - 20 year-olds on the Rockets roster this season along with Cody Chikie and Kevin Smith.
Mitchell Callahan is eligible to return but will likely play pro hockey in the Detroit Red Wings organization.
- ► 2014 (209)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- Main wanting to be a pain for opponents this seaso...
- Kelowna's hockey community hit hard by Belak's dea...
- They call him 'Johnny'
- Main Camp Update
- Main camp kicks into high octane
- The strength and weaknesses heading into main camp...
- Huska applauds steps on concussions
- Big goaltender trying to make big impact
- Future on display
- Yonkman thirsting to get back in NHL full time
- NHL'ers in Kelowna prepare for training camp
- Rockets ice should be better than ever
- Rockets import pick a no-show
- Ten questions heading into Rockets training camp
- Rockets training camp dates released
- Bloodoff gives it one more shot with team that dra...
- Brown; Oiler bound
- All is not quiet in Rocketville
- Memorial Cup champ watched son at Rockets camp
- Wudrick headed overseas
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)