A former goaltender with the Kelowna Rockets finds himself four wins away from a pro hockey championship.
Torrie Jung, who wore a Kelowna Rockets uniform for two seasons from 2006 to 2008 before being traded to the Edmonton Oil Kings, is now playing for the Central Hockey League's Wichita Thunder.
The Thunder, with Jung as the starter, is 8 and 0 in the CHL playoffs heading into the league final Friday against either the Allan Americans or the Missouri Mavericks.
Game seven in the Americans/Mavericks series goes Tuesday night.
Jung's team advanced to the league finals after a series sweep of the Fort Worth Brahmas. The Brahmas starting goaltender was Kristofer Westblom.
Westblom played four seasons with the Kelowna Rockets from 2004 to 2008.
- ► 2017 (73)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- Things that make me go hmm....
- Jung headed to CHL finals
- Spurgeon has European title to go along with Memor...
- You need a little hockey luck to win a championshi...
- The straw that stirred the Kelowna Rockets drink
- Jordon Cooke audio from morning press conference
- Rockets' open/close season with overtime loss to B...
- Playoff success in Kamloops is well documented
- Goalies come up large (audio)
- Down but not out
- Rockets/Blazers game notes
- Third round bantam pick has first round fire power...
- Tyson Time! (Audio)
- Rockets about to join the chosen few?
- You won't like me when I'm angry
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)