What do the final three games of the regular season mean for the Kelowna Rockets?
Now that the team has clinched the BC Division regular season banner many fans are saying these games mean little, but wait a minute here!
The Rockets are still in a fight with the Edmonton Oil Kings for second place in the overall standings. What does second place mean in the big picture? Don't forget that if the Rockets were to make it all the way to the WHL final they would have the luxury of home ice advantage, especially if that meant a date with the defending league champion Edmonton Oil Kings.
Without question a lot of hockey and luck stands in the way of that occurring but wouldn't the Rockets be kicking themselves if that indeed happened and they wasted them away rather than putting a concerted effort forward to win them?
With a two point lead, the Oil Kings have just two games left against the Red Deer Rebels.
Until the Rockets are mathematically eliminated from having any chance at second place in the WHL standings, its pedal to the medal.
- ► 2017 (95)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- 4-1 game turns into 4-3 final
- Game notes for game five
- Slapping playoff elimination right in the face
- Overtime Anguish
- That wasn't very good!
- T-birds turn the tables
- Ex-NHL'er Scott Parker (audio) drops by in game #1...
- Rockets game notes vs. T-Birds
- Adversity nothing new for Rockets in quest for glo...
- Rockets lose MVP for start of playoffs
- 52! A new franchise record
- Game Notes vs. Cougars
- Bloodoff receives Canadian university hockey's hig...
- Nothing to play for? Not necessarily.
- It wasn't suppose to happen but it did!
- Audio - Final seconds from Saturday's 2-1 win
- Goulbourne's game winner key in banner win
- Rockets - BC Division regular season champs!
- Game notes vs. Blazers
- Game Notes vs. Royals
- Rockets game notes vs. Hurricanes
- ▼ March (21)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)