- The power play could have put the game away in the second period, but the penalty killing unit ended up being the story in the third as the Kelowna Rockets pulled out a 3-2 win Friday night over the Prince George Cougars. The win, the Rockets second on the road this season, snapped an eight game road losing streak. The Rockets killed off four-third period penalties and six overall for their 7th win of the season.
- The Rockets built up a 3-1 first period lead but manufactured little with two-second period power plays to open up a three goal margin. On this night it didn't cost them. Fortunately the Cougars own the worst power play unit in the WHL.
- Carter Rigby snapped a 12 game goal scoring drought with his third goal of the season to open the scoring. Cody Chikie and Madison Bowey, with a power play goal, rounded out the scoring for the visitors.
- The Rockets have now been involved in three straight one-goal games. The Rockets are 2-0-1-0 in those one goal games.
Friday, November 18, 2011
PK comes up large in one goal win
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- Rockets game notes vs. Americans
- Rockets' that have played at the World Juniors
- Bulmer; step closer to wearing Canadian colours
- Fiesty forward does whatever it takes to win
- One call proves costly
- Game notes vs. Ice
- Don't let the lopsided score fool ya
- Rockets game notes vs. Cougars
- Things that make me go hmm...
- Road Warriors for once
- Foot soldiers win war
- PK comes up large in one goal win
- Pictures from Prince George.
- A diary of the Rockets trip to Prince George
- Pumping the tires of a colleague
- Attention to d-zone translates into three pts.
- The number five is prominent in more ways than one...
- Rockets' game notes vs. Oil Kings
- Power outage on power play
- Rockets game notes vs. Rebels
- Game notes vs. Hawks
- Moving away from the mic for a good reason
- Bulmer practices with teammates
- Rockets' get hairy for good cause
- ▼ November (24)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)