Monday, July 8, 2019

Severson itching to get back at it


It may be early July, but Damon Severson is already preparing for the start of the NHL season.
The New Jersey Devils defenceman, who makes Kelowna his off-season home, says his team should be better with the recent acquisition of PK Subban.
"I think it is exciting for us to add that flavour to our dressing room. I think, on the ice, his play speaks for itself. It is more of will he be able to mesh with us off the ice. It should be just fine".
Severson is coming off a season where he collected a career high 39 points. 
"This is the third year I have been out here (Kelowna) for summer time. I can't complain one bit. It is beautiful. Everyone is friendly. Good people. Obviously, I played here with the Rockets so I know the area well. I can't see myself livng anywhere else in the world', Severson added.    
The 24 year-old was born in Brandon, Manitoba, grew up in Melville, Saskatchewan, but trains in the Okanagan with fellow NHL colleagues Brayden and Luke Schenn. 

No comments: