Friday, May 27, 2016

Johansen ready for NHL Combine


Lucas with big brother Ryan at 2010 draft
The NHL Combine is next week in Buffalo, New York and Kelowna Rockets defenceman Lucas Johansen will be there.

The 18 year-old has been busy working out with a trainer in Port Moody to make sure he is ready for fitness testing under the watchful eye of NHL scouts.

"It is a pretty quick turnaround to get your strength levels as high as you can, as quick as you can. My trainer and I, we had a specific plan that we wanted to conquer before I left. We have a couple of more days before I leave to put the finishing touches on the time we had". 

Johansen, who will undoubtedly be interviewed by several NHL teams at the Combine, is projected to be a late second round pick in next months draft. 

"I can see it being intimidating with some of the big names in the NHL and the GM's all there asking you questions. I am sure it could get to your head if you let it. I have always been an easy going guy with an open personality.  I am not too worried about it and it should be exciting", Johnasen added.

The Combine starts Monday with testing later in the week.

No comments: