It's time to put on your rally caps....or in hockey, your rally helmets.
The Kelowna Rockets have no choice.
Playoff elimination stares them squarely in the face in their best of seven series with the Tri City Americans.
Win and you live another day. Lose and your season is over.
It's that simple.
This is nothing new to a Rockets team, who faced playoff elimination squarely in the face twice in an opening round playoff series with Everett and beat the odds, not once, but twice.
The Rockets beat the Tips in game six before earning a one goal victory in game seven to solidify a date with the Tri City Americans in round two.
Looking at winning the next three games against the Americans is simply too daunting though. You have to take the approach of playing one game at a time.
In practical terms, look at any experienced mountaineer who has eventually reached the summit of Mount Everest.
The successful climbers of Everest don't look at the final goal as they begin to tackle the highest mountain on earth. Instead they strategically stop along the way as they make the ascent. Called stages, they hike to a certain point, and after accomplishing that feat, they indeed find themselves a step closer to reaching the final destination, the top of the mountain.
This approach has successfully enabled over 27 hundred explorers to conquer the highest distance above sea level.
The Rockets need to take that same approach in their playoff series with the Americans.
The ascent officially begins tonight for the Rockets at the Toyota Center.
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- Cally signs contract
- Myers officially named
- Hamilton confirms Scissons
- How about this from Bowey's coach....
- Article on Rockets second round pick
- Two d-men and small forward taken in first three p...
- Rockets 1st pick is?
- Shea Weber gets love in Sports Illustrated poll
- Tyson Time!
- Picking 9th isn't bad by any means
- On second thought
- Quick hit
- Two former WHL players singing it up in Nashville
- Duncan Keith up for Norris
- Myers up for NHL rookie of the year
- Listening ears
- Guggenberger/Bloodoff Update
- Ten questions yet to be answered
- Guggenberger and Bloodoff go Moose hunting
- Seven minutes and 56 seconds away from sending it ...
- Rockets season comes to an end!
- Random thoughts before game five
- It's time to rally
- Rockets need to look to Hitmen for hope
- Small goalie makes big impact
- Americans 3 Rockets 2
- Audio highlites from game three
- Brett Bulmer...a 3rd rounder?
- No intensity won't win you games at this time of y...
- Tri City 2 Rockets 0
- Game notes vs. Americans
- A sure sign Luke Schenn has made the big time
- My take on the first two games
- Almond scores 1st NHL goal
- Series tied at one
- Gutsy road win
- Photos courtesy of John Allen Photography
- Big hits, raw emotion, results in two goal loss
- Rockets fall 5-3 to Tri City Americans
- Technical problems in Tri City
- Quick thoughts before game one
- Follow us on twitter
- AM 1150's Kelowna Rockets 2nd round playoff intro
- Game notes vs. Americans tomorrow night
- WHL radio broadcasters make historic announcement
- ▼ April (45)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)