Wednesday, March 25, 2015
Kelowna Rockets bench boss Dan Lambert has been recognized as the best coach in the Western Conference after leading his team to a 53 win season. As the Western Conference nominee, Lambert, who took over from Ryan Huska last summer, will go up against the Eastern Conference nominee, Regina Pats head skipper John Paddock. Oddly, Paddock is also a first year coach in the WHL.
Last season, Ryan Huska was the Western Conference nominee for coach of the year and was beaten out by Eastern Conference nominee, Kootenay Ice's Ryan McGill.
Lambert is the fourth Rockets coach to be nominated for the league award. Ryan Huska, Marc Habscheid and Marcel Comeau were also honoured. Habscheid was named the WHL Coach of the Year and CHL Coach of the Year in 2002-2003, while Comeau took home the league award in the 1992-93.
- ► 2017 (113)
- ► 2016 (144)
- A day in advance. Game notes for game three
- Whistle matches Comrie in a game two win
- Energy on the ice and in the building
- Rockets game notes vs. Americans
- Lambert honoured
- Am I allowed to pick favourites? I guess I have!
- Rockets/Americans collide again in round one
- Rockets close out regular season with spirited eff...
- Finally an overtime win
- Rockets final 'roady' of regular season
- Late season struggles
- Rockets/T-Birds preview
- Fresh legs/mind make Chartier a standout
- Worst effort of season bar none
- Rockets and Blazers clash in home and home set
- Rockets/Royals one final time!
- Dan Bylsma interview
- Nick Merkley: The Prolific Passer
- 50 shades of white, teal, red, black and copper
- Goals galore for Goulbourne
- Rockets game notes vs. Giants
- Loyal listeners of all ages
- Overtime woes continue
- Rockets game notes vs. Tips
- Controversial call ends Rockets winning streak
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- ► 2012 (236)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)