Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Concussions force Adolph to retire
Adolph is ending his career after suffering six concussions in three short years.
"At the time it didn't seem like the best decision, but now going to school and looking back at it, I think it was the better decision rather than risk more injuries and turning into a vegetable."
The 20 year says his family, specifically his father, was sympathetic in making the decision.
"I think he was the real reason I made the decision just because he has seen so much of it with his players and other players. He wants the best for me. Even if I want to make a comeback I could play for his team. He was always about my health, not about hockey right".
Max's father Dave is the head coach of the University of Saskatchewan Huskies.
Adolph played in just 97 regular season games and missed the entire 2011-2012 season with a concussion.
- ► 2017 (127)
- ► 2016 (144)
- ► 2015 (183)
- ► 2014 (213)
- ► 2013 (194)
- Concussions force Adolph to retire
- 09 WHL Championship series brings back such good m...
- Lambo nets new two year deal
- McColgan was expected to be the face of the franch...
- Getting to know Ryan Olsen
- McColgan speaks on trade
- Merkley follows in brothers footsteps
- Rockets go with skilled forward in WHL draft
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2011 (336)
- ► 2010 (519)
- ► 2009 (515)
- ► 2008 (396)